Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Game System do you most want to use HeroLab Online for?
3.5 d20 OGL 0 0%
4E 0 0%
5E 3 4.84%
Call of Cthulhu 0 0%
Mutants & Masterminds 0 0%
Pathfinder (original) 27 43.55%
Pathfinder 2.0 13 20.97%
Savage Worlds 0 0%
Shadowrun 2 3.23%
Starfinder 11 17.74%
The World of Darkness 0 0%
Other... 6 9.68%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Rone

Old September 27th, 2018, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talsharien View Post
Ultimately, PF1 is still available on HLC with pretty amazing functionality. LW have guaranteed us that when it lands on HLO, we will be able to migrate across for no extra cost. In the meantime, there is massive activity with PF2 playtest which a lot of us need support for.

As for slating RW, well I personally have yet to pay any subscription fee and have now run 6 campaigns using the software, which is extremely useful. Have patience and I am sure that eventually, all will come to pass.....
Farling is correct, there will be a one-time fee of about $20 to migrate your content from Hero Lab over to Hero Lab Online.
Rone is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 28th, 2018, 06:08 AM
Rone is correct. It is also important to note that when your content is replicated in HLO it will still be available in the Classic version of the software. So you won't lose what you previously owned.
BJ is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
bruuuuuu

Old September 28th, 2018, 06:27 AM
Out of curiosity, after the transfer, if we buy a new PF1 package, will it apply only to HLC, only to HLO, or to both?
bruuuuuu is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 28th, 2018, 02:37 PM
My current understanding is it will apply to both.
BJ is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old September 29th, 2018, 01:51 AM
Apologies, I meant that their would be no extra charge for the content already owned (after the initial fee all other content will transfer).

This is correct yes?
talsharien is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 29th, 2018, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talsharien View Post
Apologies, I meant that their would be no extra charge for the content already owned (after the initial fee all other content will transfer).

This is correct yes?
There is no scaling rent based on the amount of stuff that you purchased. After each one-off fee to purchase a new data package (on both HLC and HLO), there is only the single flat fee for continued access to the service.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; September 30th, 2018 at 05:00 AM.
Farling is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
vardeman

Old October 1st, 2018, 11:04 PM
I'd rather use HLC for Starfinder. The "enhancements" which aren't even finished yet are of no interest to me. I need exactly what HLC can do, just doing it for Starfinder.
vardeman is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Babawonga

Old October 9th, 2018, 12:27 PM
A fee to transfer what you already purchased? If the fee is not extremely small I expect many to stick with CHL.
Babawonga is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old October 9th, 2018, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babawonga View Post
A fee to transfer what you already purchased? If the fee is not extremely small I expect many to stick with CHL.
They originally said it would be about $20 and include 6 months of server access. Not sure if this is correct anymore but 6 months of access will cost about $15 so net $5. They haven't started charging for access yet either.
Toblakai is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 9th, 2018, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
They originally said it would be about $20 and include 6 months of server access. Not sure if this is correct anymore but 6 months of access will cost about $15 so net $5. They haven't started charging for access yet either.
The $20 transfer fee is separate from the cost to buy HLO in the first place, and it is buying HLO which provides 6 months access, not the transfer fee.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #30 Reply With Quote