Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

charlieluce

Old September 11th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Colen, I've concluded that my Presence workaround is excessively convoluted (and probably impractical to implement).

Instead, I'm going to propose a House Rule inspired by a current thread on the ATT. Admittedly, this would probably be easy to implement in the Editor, but if I can do it with a checkbox, so much the better.

1) Eliminate Presence altogether (just put a - through it for 0 points on the output or something like that for simplicity).

2) Base Deception on INT, base Intimidation on STR, and base Persuasion on AWE.

3) Add an Advantage that allows you to base Intimidation on INT (Scathing Wit?).

The original post wanted to put Intimidation on Fighting, but I think that overvalues Fighting, and I don't mind STR getting another Skill.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
chatty

Old October 3rd, 2010, 02:37 PM
It isn't patently obvious where to adjust skill costs, but I will try to find it. I, too, am in favor of being able to price skills by category.
chatty is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old October 3rd, 2010, 06:40 PM
You can create your own skills in the Editor, and base them off whichever stat you like. So build Intimidation (STR), etc, and add it to your house rules.

Colen showed me how briefly at Gen-Con, it's not that hard. He's probably better at explaining it than I am, though.

Since Presence doesn't cost you anything to leave at 0, there's no real need to do anything else except instruct your players not to use it.
Shadowchaser is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Praetor

Old October 4th, 2010, 09:42 AM
I think what Chatty's problem is when you say editor. Not everyone has purchesed the Authoring kit, so Chatty may not have the editor.
Praetor is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
chatty

Old October 4th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
I think what Chatty's problem is when you say editor. Not everyone has purchesed the Authoring kit, so Chatty may not have the editor.
I THINK I have the authoring kit. But when I look at the skills in the editor, I don't see where the PP cost is defined!

Is there more than one editor?
chatty is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old October 4th, 2010, 04:47 PM
There's a basic editor included with the package; its under Tools. I don't think it'll allow you to generically reedit all skills though; you have to create all the new skills with costs separately.
Paragon is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 4th, 2010, 04:49 PM
I don't see a way to change the skill costs in the editor yet. This may have to wait for further down the road. Keep in mind that the dataset is still beta, and not everything has been implemented.
FifthWanderer is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
chatty

Old October 4th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
There's a basic editor included with the package; its under Tools. I don't think it'll allow you to generically reedit all skills though; you have to create all the new skills with costs separately.
I DID buy the actual authoring kit. I just have no idea how to invoke//use it and was apparently in the simple editor. What I wouldn't give for 4 hours of uninterrupted time.
chatty is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 12th, 2010, 12:23 PM
There's no way currently to change the cost of individual skills; the game assumes that all skills have the same cost based on the number of ranks you put into them, so Hero Lab does too.

If all you want to do is change the attribute on a skill, you can do that easily in the editor - simply have the new version of the skill "replace" the existing version of the skill.
Colen is offline   #19 Reply With Quote