Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

charlieluce

Old February 24th, 2009, 08:48 PM
The entry for the Aura Extra on page 99 of Ultimate Power states "If you make an unarmed attack while your Aura is active, a Damage Aura stacks with your melee damage, while targets save against other Aura effects separately." This is a change from how Aura works in the Core Rules, but it is not reflected in the characters built using UP in Hero Lab, either in the Attacks section or in the PL calculation.
charlieluce is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 25th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Hmm... I don't think this would be easy to do. Let's say I have an unarmed strike ability with DC 20, and then a DC 20 damage aura with the "Penetrating" extra. When the aura was active, I would have to (if I understand you correctly) increase the unarmed strike DC by 5, and indicate that there are 5 ranks of Penetrating on it?

Hero Lab doesn't do anything with stacking powers right now, because of these complexities. I think it's better to simply have both entries appear in the list of special abilities, and leave it up to the user to stack them.

Thoughts?
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 25th, 2009, 09:02 AM
It's the same as, for example, one's Fort Save. The value shown stays base and over on the powers side of the house Enhanced Trait (Fort) shows the "final value" when that ET is active. It's up to the player to remember to look at the Power's value when it's being used. Since the computer can't know when a power is on or off this layout works best IMHO. My long way of saying, I agree with letting the player be responsible for stacking them.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old February 25th, 2009, 09:46 AM
First off, if the combined damage case isn't taken into account in the validation/PL calculation, I'm sorry, that's a bug.

I would think that there would be issues with the Combat adjudicator as well, at least for the sake of clarity.

Since the combined damage case basically acts as a conditional Mighty Power Feat, couldn't the DC for a damaging Aura be calculated and presented as Without/With Unarmed damage?
charlieluce is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 25th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post

Since the combined damage case basically acts as a conditional Mighty Power Feat, couldn't the DC for a damaging Aura be calculated and presented as Without/With Unarmed damage?
Ah, interesting solution. **fingers crossed**
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old February 25th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I'm not sure how well that covers the worst case of a character with a regular Strength bonus, Enhanced Strength, Mighty Strike, and a Damaging Aura, but still somehow the validation/PL system needs to know about the maximum DC generated.
charlieluce is offline   #6 Reply With Quote