Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

graylion

Old August 21st, 2011, 03:56 PM
I would like to add my voice to the folks asking for more updates or datasets for World of Darkness.

I have the following custom campaigns in design for World of Darkness rulesets

World of Darkness - Mortal (Need updated sources)
World of Darkness - Fantasy
World of Darkness - Darksun
World of Darkness - Dune the Scattering
World of Darkness - Star Wars
World of Darkness - Trinity (nWOD rules)

Could be have some direction if there will be any more data set for additional core splats (Werewolf, Mage, Hunter, etc.)

and/or

Will there be enhanced ability to edit WOD datasets.

Thank you for your review.

Regards
graylion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Noctivagus

Old August 29th, 2011, 09:28 AM
That's something I would love to see. If Lone Wolf doesn't plan to support the WOD datasets anymore, is there a chance we could get an open WOD dataset so we can fill out the system on our own?
Noctivagus is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Pali

Old August 29th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Yeah ... "an open WOD dataset" ... that would be cool.
Pali is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
graylion

Old August 31st, 2011, 04:56 PM
We just really want more data.

Seems like the WOD groups and players get the short end of the stick while the Pathfinders get update after update.

Regards
graylion is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 1st, 2011, 06:35 AM
*wry grin* Well, some of it's the market support — I know Pathfinder is actively supporting Lone Wolf by getting the new books to them ahead of time — but some of it is also demand. Lone Wolf is a small company and they focus their efforts on where the interest/money is. Just based on post volume, there aren't as many people doing the WoD system.

What parts of the mechanics are you having trouble changing? Sometimes it's something one can get at from another angle in the editor.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
graylion

Old September 1st, 2011, 07:18 AM
You comments make a lot of sense. I agree that Pathfinder is taking gaming by storm. I think that us WOD folks are not being vocal enough. I am active gamer/GM in 4E, Pathfinder and WOD games.

I have added some feats and several other things in the editor at basic levels. Have not created requirement or prereqs. More than this I am looking for Mage, Werewolf, Hunter, Second Sight, etc.

Also I am working on a Dark Ages Fantasy game. Ride replaces drive, archery replaces firearms, etc, and I am getting errors using the preclusions.

Thank you for any assistance you may provide with the editor for WOD.

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
*wry grin* Well, some of it's the market support — I know Pathfinder is actively supporting Lone Wolf by getting the new books to them ahead of time — but some of it is also demand. Lone Wolf is a small company and they focus their efforts on where the interest/money is. Just based on post volume, there aren't as many people doing the WoD system.

What parts of the mechanics are you having trouble changing? Sometimes it's something one can get at from another angle in the editor.
graylion is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Noctivagus

Old September 1st, 2011, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I have a ton of merits added from the system as well as a number of the vampire disciplines and Changeling contracts. What I would like to see is an ability to add the Werewolf and Mage systems to the WOD system. I'm not savvy enough to program something from the ground up, so that's pretty much out on my end. But if I had an example to work from, I could probably work out adding those systems myself. That's pretty much how I figured out how to add custom merits and powers, but I don't know how to get to things like the power stat (BP, Wyrd, Primal Urge, Gnosis, etc.) to change those over to the other systems along with the rest of those bits that make the systems unique.

I really only play the WOD system. I was looking forward to things like the Custom Output that came through for all the other systems on a previous update, but the red headed WOD step children were left out to pick at the crumbs on the floor. I thought those things were going to be included across the board. It was pretty disappointing to find out they weren't when that update came through.
Noctivagus is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
graylion

Old September 2nd, 2011, 02:55 PM
I guess we just need to make some noise...!
graylion is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Pali

Old September 4th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Really? I don't think so. It's up to LoneWolf to battle for customers. There are lots of ST tools and scripts out there.

I would love to buy the new Realm Works software willingly, but the poor WOD support for HL makes me step back.
Pali is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
graylion

Old September 5th, 2011, 04:40 AM
On one hand I agree with you that it is the companies job to promote and update their product, however part of me says if they put the product out there and the response was weak they will move onto the product that moves and has the masses clammering for it, i.e. Pathfinder.

Having said that I would be very interested to know what everyone else is using, as I have looked at a lot of programs and PDFs and I prefer Herolab. The good news is I can use the editor, the bad news is sometimes the editor is only a partial answer.

So what does everyone else use? Mr. Gone, Pencil & Paper, etc.

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali View Post
Really? I don't think so. It's up to LoneWolf to battle for customers. There are lots of ST tools and scripts out there.

I would love to buy the new Realm Works software willingly, but the poor WOD support for HL makes me step back.
graylion is offline   #10 Reply With Quote