Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

tricks

Old November 19th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Hi,
There is some bug when trying to create pledges under the changeling tab.
When I first click on add new pledge I get a big list of errors. This list is displayed for every control within the pledges screen. See attached screenshot.

19-11-2009 20-02-33.jpg

Am I the only one who got this?
tricks is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Pali

Old November 19th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I don't get a similar list of errors ... everything works fine ...

But ... why do I get the message "One-sided pledges may not be vows" when I didn't check the "One-Sided?" box?

Last edited by Pali; November 19th, 2009 at 02:00 PM.
Pali is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
LordAckbar

Old November 19th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali View Post
But ... why do I get the message "One-sided pledges may not be vows" when I didn't check the "One-Sided?" box?
I am having that problem as well. Any help would be appreciated.
LordAckbar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 23rd, 2009, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricks View Post
There is some bug when trying to create pledges under the changeling tab.
When I first click on add new pledge I get a big list of errors. This list is displayed for every control within the pledges screen. See attached screenshot.
Am I the only one who got this?
Are you sure you are running with the latest version of HL and the latest version of the WoD data files? I can't replicate that problem on this end, and since Pali says it's working for him, I have to assume you're using an old version or a mismatched version that contains the problem.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 23rd, 2009, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali View Post
Hmm. This looks like a bug. I was already planning to get a bug fix update out for the WoD files tonight, so I'll investigate this and get it fixed, too.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
tricks

Old November 24th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Are you sure you are running with the latest version of HL and the latest version of the WoD data files? I can't replicate that problem on this end, and since Pali says it's working for him, I have to assume you're using an old version or a mismatched version that contains the problem.
I am using version 3.5 - #203 and I am updating regularly. Still I get these errors.
tricks is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
LordAckbar

Old November 25th, 2009, 06:41 AM
The new update seems to have fixed the "one sided pledge" error. Thanks Rob!
LordAckbar is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 27th, 2009, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricks View Post
I am using version 3.5 - #203 and I am updating regularly. Still I get these errors.
That's just bizarre. It sounds like something really strange is going on that is unique to your environment. The first thing to check is that you have *NO* user-created data files in the WoD game system folder, since they could be causing the problem. You'll find this folder in the "data\wod" folder beneath where you installed Hero Lab.

If you have user-created files that you *WANT*, please move them to a different location to see if the problem goes away. If so, then you know the problem is related to the user-created files.

The second thing to do is force the data files to be recompiled. This can be done by deleting the file "core.hlz" from the WoD game system folder. When you next load the WoD files, they will be automatically recompiled.

The last thing to try would be to delete the WoD game system folder and import the files again. If you have user-created files, please save them to a different location, since deleting the game system folder will otherwise destroy those files. You can delete the game system folder by going to the Tools menu and selecting the appropriate option. Be sure to specify that *everything* should be deleted for the game system. Once the game system folder is deleted, you can re-import the WoD data files.

Hopefully, one of the above steps will either fix the problem or uncover the extra file that is causing the problem.
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
tricks

Old November 28th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Hi,
I have removed the Core.hlz and it worked however only for newly created characters.
Actually I am not sure if it is because I removed the file or because I created a new character (maybe the older version was somehow corrupted for me).

Anyway it works now.

One other thing though - in the pledges description ("Actual text of pledge" and "details pertaining to pledge") there is no option to make new line. Clicking the Enter basically saves the pledge and doesn't make new line. This cause for a long and unreadable line in the descriptions.
tricks is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 28th, 2009, 04:26 AM
I'm glad you've got things working now. :-)

I've added the need for embedded newlines within pledge description text to the todo list. I'll get this resolved in the next update.
rob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote