Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

MaxSupernova

Old April 2nd, 2014, 09:28 AM
The docs indicate that setting a topic as a container for another topic should set up some sort of hierarchy:

"Mostly this is done with topics and qrticles (sic), and it will build a nested hierarchy to allow you to group your content". -- Reference Guide, "Container" Glossary Entry

All that seems to happen is that the "Containing Topic" field gets filled in on the right sidebar.

Is there supposed to be an actual physical hierarchy happening? I'd **love** to be able to see the container topic as a list item in the almanac, with the items in that container shown immediately below it, indented and collapsible.

That line in the doc kind of hints that it will happen. Is it supposed to? Is it a "coming soon" feature, or is it not intended to do that?
MaxSupernova is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old April 2nd, 2014, 11:23 AM
You have to turn it on by clicking the Options (Hammer and Wrench) icon on the tab on the left side and picking "Show Containing Topic Hierarchy". (F6 brings up that menu too.)

It took me a while to find it the first time and should probably be on by default, or at least suggested the first time you create a Containing Topic.
Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old April 2nd, 2014, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
You have to turn it on by clicking the Options (Hammer and Wrench) icon on the tab on the left side and picking "Show Containing Topic Hierarchy". (F6 brings up that menu too.)

It took me a while to find it the first time and should probably be on by default, or at least suggested the first time you create a Containing Topic.
Whoohoo!

You're awesome. Thank you. That's exactly what I was hoping for.
MaxSupernova is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 2nd, 2014, 02:26 PM
The hierarchy view is supposed to default to ON, so you shouldn't have to chase down this feature to enable it. I've flagged this to the dev team as a bug for them to fix.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old April 2nd, 2014, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
The hierarchy view is supposed to default to ON, so you shouldn't have to chase down this feature to enable it. I've flagged this to the dev team as a bug for them to fix.
I may have turned it off in my initial messing around with the program before I knew what was going on.

It may or may not be a bug, but thanks for watching out for us.
MaxSupernova is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old April 2nd, 2014, 02:53 PM
Trust him, it's a bug. The forums are absolutely polluted with people looking to turn this on.
Bidmaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote