Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Kabluey

Old February 11th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Is there a way to output a weapon with different profiles? For example, I have the Power Attack feat, and would like to display my main weapon both with and without the feat's modifiers already factored in. I see on the In-Play tab you can click the feat to add in the modifiers, but it adds it into all weapons. I actually want a second listing for each weapon that would have the modifiers added in, but the first listing would be without.

Thanks.
Kabluey is offline   #241
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 11th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabluey View Post
Is there a way to output a weapon with different profiles? For example, I have the Power Attack feat, and would like to display my main weapon both with and without the feat's modifiers already factored in. I see on the In-Play tab you can click the feat to add in the modifiers, but it adds it into all weapons. I actually want a second listing for each weapon that would have the modifiers added in, but the first listing would be without.
My adjustments addon has a adjustment called "Weapon: Custom Text" which allows you to append extra text to the end of the weapon name. This is how I add extra info about Power Attack, Rapid Shot, Point Blank Shot, Vital Strike and other sort of situational text to a weapon.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #242
Unseelie

Old February 11th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
In OS X, you can open multiple copies of HeroLab from the dock (right-clicking New Window actually opens up a new copy), but not from the program itself. I have been able to open three different copies, and access the editor in each, but I haven't pressed forward in my explorations, so be aware I have not thoroughly tested the stability of this.
Being able to run multiple copies of the same application is such a counter intuitive concept for OS X that it never even occurred to me to right click a running app in the dock. When clicking the app itself a second time did nothing, I left it at that. Thanks. It's still weird, and it sure seems like it would make more sense to just allow multiple windows, but this is something at least.
Unseelie is offline   #243
DarkHerald

Old February 14th, 2013, 10:37 PM
I would like to see support for a name generator in Herolabs and custom traits

Does anyone else think this is needed?
DarkHerald is offline   #244
chiefweasel

Old February 15th, 2013, 12:02 PM
What do you mean by custom traits? You can add custom traits with the editor now.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #245
Nero Shade

Old February 27th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I am not sure where to go to request features.

One feature that would help me out a great deal is an option to only show items that the character can currently afford. This would help me find items that I could buy but are not necessarily aware of. It would also remove all of the very expensive items that I will most likely only find while adventuring.
Nero Shade is offline   #246
Enforcer84

Old February 27th, 2013, 06:02 PM
This is mostly born of laziness...but I wish the race Builder abilities could easily be ported to the racial special abilities tab...

I use the race builder to mock up my new race and then make a new user file for them. It's on the petty side I know.
Enforcer84 is offline   #247
ddufour1395

Old March 6th, 2013, 11:22 AM
First, love the program. Awesome work.

One thing I could not find any useful information on are Traps and Hazards. There some creatures and things that fall under this category (such as Shriekers for example) but they do not appear to be anywhere in the monster listings (have all the PF books for Hero Lab purchased). Are things like this not included in HL? If they are and there is a hidden option to view them, what did I miss?

On a side note will there ever be a search function for the monster database for "Import Stock"?

Thank you.
ddufour1395 is offline   #248
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 6th, 2013, 12:06 PM
How would you envision us presenting the traps and hazards? Would you expect to see them on the tactical console in some fashion? What sort of interactions with the rest of the characters would you expect?

If they were in Hero Lab, how would you use them in a game? Unlike monsters that can have templates, class levels, and all sorts of other variations, there's little to no modification that's done to a trap. Also, for monsters, Hero Lab can track their HP and the spells and effects that are on them, but what would be the advantage of having a hazard in Hero Lab, as opposed to reading it from the book?

It's not that we couldn't present this information, but with the limited resources we have available, and the constant stream of new books to handle, would implementing traps and hazards be of more use to more of our user base than other features we could spend the same time implementing?

A search function for stock portfolios is planned.
Mathias is online now   #249
Jamz

Old March 6th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
A search function for stock portfolios is planned.
This! +1

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #250
Closed Thread