Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

djc664

Old December 7th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Sooo.... I'm working through Rise of the Runelords roughly about as fast as my party progresses, but with a new baby in the house it is clear that this is going to go at a glacial pace for some time unless I finally break through past whatever learning curve is making it so slow for me.

I really want the work that I do to be useful to the community as well, but I'm having a hard time deciphering what standards I should be adhering to so that other people can add to them and we won't all get soup. I'd be a very sad panda if I did all this work and it turned out it was all wrong.

Is this something that the d20 project has figured out? Is there anyone else interested in working on these?

Here is what I've been doing thus far:
- All custom races/templates/abilities/etc. are linked to the Rise of the Runelords special option.
- Only creatures, races, templates, etc. that do not appear in any Pathfinder books are done (i.e. Goblins & Goblin Dogs from Burnt Offerings are out; tongs of molten glass as a weapon are in).
- Documentation! Notes are mandetory describing what and why any work is being done on each item; what has been done and thoughts on what is left as well. I've had to go back on some of the work to allow for this, as those fields weren't available when I started... *coughcough* I'm so happy about that add! So much easier to edit.
- All creatures in Module Bestiaries are presented as a stand-alone option as close as possible. When calls are made for conversions, a balance leaning towards coordination with the actual NPC/Monster for which it is a source will be taken into account. (i.e. Lamia Matriarchs in the Skinsaw Murders Bestiary have feats that are not present in Xanesha... which should be considered racial, which are the character? My answer: the four side from two-weapon fighting, which are all generic enough to customize easily)

Any thoughts? Am I missing something, or doing something dumb? Programming is not my strong suit, so I'm just kind of hacking along until someone calls me out on it.
djc664 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote