Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 25th, 2016, 11:44 AM
A new update of the Shadowrun 5 files for Hero Lab is now available from the automatic updates mechanism within Hero Lab.

This update adds Rigger 5.0 to the Shadowrun 5 files! The Rigger 5.0 package is available for $9.99.

Here's the full change list for this update:
New Releases!

• Content from Rigger 5.0 is now available as a new package! You can purchase this by choosing "Purchase Data Package" from the License menu.
Enhancements & Changes

• The evaluation speed of characters with vehicles should be improved. Vehicles will no longer be re-evaluated when something changes on their owner's character unless that change affects that particular vehicle. Since this reduces the number of characters that need to be re-evaluated with each change, this should reduce the time required to process any changes to a character.
Bug Fixes

• The Synthskin Face Mask should have a variable rating, but its rating was fixed.
  • Vehicle weapon mounts were not properly restricting the size of weapons that could be placed in them.
  • The clearsight autosoft was using the vehicle's Mental limit, but should instead use the vehicle's Sensor attribute.
  • On a short screen height, while using a priority-based character creation system, several of the tables lower down on the basics tab would not show everything they should show. For example, a Shifter's Shift power was being cut off.
  • The Motion Sense adept power's dicepool was being calculated as Perception + Willpower, but should be Perception + Magic.
  • The essence/availability/cost for the Transys-Erika: Mind Boost and Transys-Erika: Front Line Mind cyberware suites from Lockdown were both incorrect (each suite was using the values for the other).
  • The Retractable Bayonet mod's name was mis-spelled.
  • The Colt New Model Revolver is a Holdout Pistol, and therefore should benefit from the Holdouts specialization for the Pistol skill, but it is also a revolver, and therefore should also benefit from the Revolver specialization. Previously, it was only set as a holdout pistol.
  • Smartskin's essence cost was incorrectly set as a flat 0.5, but should have an essence cost of Rating x 0.5.
  • When listing the contents of an Identity on the printout, the subscriptions would be skipped.
Data File Authoring

• If the description text on a Vehicle Helper entry is left blank, when generating its description, it will instead look up the description text on the vehicle chosen as the vehicle statline for that entry, which saves a lot of copy-pasting. Existing vehicle helpers have had their description text removed, so that they can take advantage of this improvement.
  • The Notes component was added to many of the compsets that did not already have it.
  • Two new fields have been added to the Notes component - Purchase Instructions (notPurchas) and Usage Notes (notUsage). While choosing which items to add to a character, the user will see both of these at the top of the item's description, and once purchased, the Usage Notes will be at the top of the description when the user moves their mouse over the ? button for that item. Neither of these fields are included when printing the item's text. These fields are intended for when you need to tell the user about any special instructions on how to use this item in Hero Lab - information that's not included in the description given in the book. An example of this is if the item has to be used alongside something else, like the fact that the Mentor Spirit quality is added on the Qualities tab, but then the specific mentor spirit is chosen on the Magic tab, the notes can be used to tell the user where to look for the other things that need to be added.
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MadCat75

Send a message via Skype™ to MadCat75

Old April 25th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Just updated, but something apparently broke because now i can't load up Shadowrun after the update.

So I went ahead and submitted a bug report.
MadCat75 is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
blagher

Old April 25th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Hey Mathias, great to see that Rigger 5.0 has finally rolled out!

Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem with it, or, rather, I have a problem with it at least. Now that I've purchased the supplement and downloaded its files, I am unable to actually start SR5. When I try, I get 2 errors: 1's something like 'VehModInfo Procedure' and the other refers to 'focus'. At first, HL tries to get them via recovery mode or something, but when I try that it immediately pops up with another error message simply stating that there's a problem with the two references, and clicking OK out of that just returns you right to the Game Selection screen.

Am I just doing something horribly wrong, or is this an issue you can actually help me resolve?

Thanks in advance for your time and patience.
blagher is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Slamurai

Old April 25th, 2016, 12:25 PM
I too am having this same problem.
Slamurai is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
tsanregret

Old April 25th, 2016, 12:27 PM
I am having the same problem that blagher is having as well. I've submitted a bug report and I am hoping for a quick response. I really enjoy using Hero Lab for my Shadowrun games and look forward to the Rigger 5.0 content. You guys make it super easy for us. Thanks a bunch for all the hard work.
tsanregret is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
licktoren

Old April 25th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Syntax error in script for Procedure 'vehModInfo' on line 10
-> Reference to undeclared variable: 'focus' i attempted to
re-download with the "delete files not updated by import" with no
luck.
licktoren is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Agonisis

Old April 25th, 2016, 12:37 PM
i'm getting the same error as the above.
Agonisis is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 25th, 2016, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the info, everyone! We've rolled back to the previous Shadowrun release while we investigate this - quit and restart Hero Lab and you should be able to download it from the updates mechanism (click the "Find Updates" button on the "Select Game" form, and download it). We're looking into this now and will have a bugfix out soon. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Agonisis

Old April 25th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Because i bought the package, i still can't open hero lab even having reverted to older shadowrun and hero lab files. How do i fix this?
Agonisis is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
RedDwarf

Old April 25th, 2016, 12:59 PM
I installed the rollback 2.1 update but still cannot load Shadowrun (5th). I get a new error: "One or more packages is for a mismatched version of data files and cannot be loaded."

I'm using a Surface Pro 2 tablet running Windows 10 o/s.
RedDwarf is offline   #10 Reply With Quote