Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

UndeadDan

Old January 5th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I tried switching to Mutants and Masterminds 3 and the editor still fails to open.

I also saw evidence of the previously described "tool tip blocking mouse clicks" behavior.
UndeadDan is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
egg_green

Old January 5th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhemery View Post
Tooltips sometimes block button clicks. Often, when I slide my mouse to "Add", "Add and Close", or "Cancel", the tooltip that pops up covers the button, and blocks my clicks. As a result, I can't click the button until I dismiss the tooltip. Sometimes, simply moving off the button doesn't dismiss the tooltip. I have to click somewhere outside the button.
Just a quick "Me too!" on this issue. I have also seen this, and have tried to reproduce it, but have thus far been unable to do so.
egg_green is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
knight2142

Old January 5th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by egg_green View Post
Just a quick "Me too!" on this issue. I have also seen this, and have tried to reproduce it, but have thus far been unable to do so.
same here
knight2142 is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
egg_green

Old January 5th, 2012, 07:48 PM
A minor nitpick: the tab ordering on the Configure Hero dialog seems odd. It currently goes:
Hero Name
Player Name
Alliance
Type
Ability scores

It probably ought to have the Alliance come after the Starting Cash fields, so that it is consistently top-to-bottom.
egg_green is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
egg_green

Old January 6th, 2012, 07:08 AM
I'm cross-posting this here from the Pathfinder forums, as it appears to be Mac-related:

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg_green View Post
I am getting the following error after downloading the new Community Bestiary through the Updates window:

File: PFRPG_Curse_of_the_Crimson_Throne_Bestiary.user (line 348) - Thing 'rUChaindSp' - String exceeds maximum length for attribute 'value'.

Looking at the .user file referenced, it looks like the Description field for the Chained Spirit race is what is causing the error.

If it is relevant, I am currently running the Mac beta. I don't know if there is any difference between the two with respect to maximum field lengths in user files.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I would report this as a type of "Mac" issue as I can't duplicate it on any windows version of HL. I agree with that line 348 is the "Description" text for the Chained Spirit but that is a very small description text actually. I have ones that much longer actually.

Here is the RAW XML of line 348:
Code:
    <fieldval field="rDescript" value="Its eyes blazing in deathless rage, a phantom floats unfettered by the bonds of the living world. The ghostly horror possesses its own ethereal bonds, though, its semi-transparent, vaguely humanoid figure clenched in the hold of countless crisscrossing chains—writhing and tightening over its vaporous form in unending torture. Several of these chains extend from the ghost’s body, some dangling through the floor or reaching seemingly through the ceiling above, while others pool in spectral lengths"/>
egg_green is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old January 6th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Exporting d20Pro files saves the file with a ".*" extension as part of the friendly file name as well as part of the system file name. Even if you change the friendly file name in Finder, the extension stays, unless you open up the info on the file and change it in there. Once you've changed it in there, it saves properly. The files import correctly into d20Pro.
TehBagder is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
knight2142

Old January 6th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I've noticed a problem with heirloom weapon trait i've never seen before....

you select the trait, add the weapon and select it properly, then if you get rid of that weapon under "other weapons" the trait causes pop-up errors and what not.

never seen that under the PC version.
knight2142 is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
quixoticparadigm

Old January 7th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
We'll be opening up new beta slots tomorrow - I'm going to try and get a v3.9a release out first, then let some more people in.
Did this already happen? I have been gone for the holidays and would love to be in on the Beta testing (also happy to quit using VM to run windows that slows my mac to a crawl).
quixoticparadigm is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old January 7th, 2012, 06:42 AM
There's not been a v3.9a released yet, so chances are it's not happened yet. I'm sure there'll be a post here when they get opened.
TehBagder is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
clavin123

Old January 7th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Not quite sure this is the right place to post Mac Beta bug reports, but can't find a better thread (please redirect me if I missed it).

After creating a lvl 5 character in Pathfinder, I went back to adjust the starting gold amount only to discover it had been zeroed out.

As this might have been a PC/Mac conversion issue, I tested in a new portfolio.

To recreate:

Start HL
Open Pathfinder
Create a new player character (I did not test NPC).
Assign more than the normal starting gold
Click "ok"
Go back into configure and the amount of gold displays as zero (though if you just hit "ok" again, it does not treat it as if it is zero, so this is likely only a display issue not a data issue).

(This does not happen in the PC version, I double checked.)

Only bug I have found so far.

Thanks.
clavin123 is offline   #60 Reply With Quote