Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Jay_NOLA

Old October 1st, 2016, 11:59 AM
This has happened twice with two different topics in the past week.

I had two topic and the words "psychic and psychics were supposed to link to a separate topic that just dealt with psychic.

Realm works when I edited the topics with those words, put in the links, but after I save and navigate away from the topic and go back to the topic those links are missing. Those topics do have links to psychic and psychics in other parts that are working but Realm Works won't keep the link.

If I click edit and save Realm Works makes the links but the disappear again.

Trying to make the links manually doesn't work nor does deleting the text and retyping it.

I had to delete both topics that had this bug and do them again. One required me to do it twice before it keep the links.

I'm not sure if Realm Works has done this for other topics, but I just noticed the problem with those Topics.

Last edited by Jay_NOLA; October 2nd, 2016 at 12:39 PM.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old October 1st, 2016, 10:13 PM
I have experienced something similar but only in User Notes.

My links disappeared only to re-appear after I left the topic and returned to it.

(Bug report has been sent in - haven't had time to see if it has been fixed lately.)

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old October 16th, 2016, 12:54 PM
It happened again.

I was cutting and pasting text from a PDF and the bug returned. I tried using the paid for PDF version and a free earlier draft version of the text that was made available on a Google group by the author, as the text was the same except for one word for what I wanted to enter.

I also tried just typing in the text into another topic and the bug persisted.

I was trying to make a community topic and have 3 links set up that currently would go to a custom Planetary Body topic I made called SWN Planetary Body, which is a duplicate of the Planetary Body Topic that has specific space for game stuff, customization for the game system.

The topic was making other links, but would not let me make links for the various merchant houses detailed on the Planetary Body Topic.

This is pretty frustrating.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 16th, 2016, 01:12 PM
@Jay_NOLA: Despite repeated efforts, we have not been able to figure out how to reproduce your bug on our end. Please open a bug report (or use your existing support ticket) and provide us with both your database and detailed steps for how to reproduce the error. If we have a concretely reproducible scenario, then we have a pretty good chance of being able to fix it.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old October 17th, 2016, 10:02 AM
I just sent a bug report Rob.

This was happening with 2 other topics last night and I no fixes would work at all in them. Despite retyping the topics, re-scanning links, etc.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #5 Reply With Quote