Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

hart8210

Old July 27th, 2018, 06:33 AM
When I activate the Tactical Console, the fear conditions are not listed in the condition window. I am using the expanded fear options from Horror Adventures, if that matters. The correct fear conditions do appear on the character conditions tab, but I just can't seem to find them in the Tactical Console. Maybe I'm just missing something?

p.s. While learning the Tactical Console I find that it does not track durations of conditions, which is very disappointing. Does anyone have another program or app they use for this specific purpose?

Thanks for any help!

- Latest Hero Lab on Mac OS
hart8210 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old July 27th, 2018, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart8210 View Post

p.s. While learning the Tactical Console I find that it does not track durations of conditions, which is very disappointing. Does anyone have another program or app they use for this specific purpose?

Combat Manager (http://www.combatmanager.com) is, in my opinion, a vastly superior combat/initiative tracker. It tracks condition durations, and can import Hero Lab portfolios. I don't know if it's available for Mac or not, though.
alientude is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old July 27th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alientude View Post
Combat Manager (http://www.combatmanager.com) is, in my opinion, a vastly superior combat/initiative tracker. It tracks condition durations, and can import Hero Lab portfolios. I don't know if it's available for Mac or not, though.
I use the pre-made AP encounter packs, will combat manager import from these? Or would I need to load the encounter in HL and save it then import it into combat manager?
Toblakai is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
hart8210

Old July 27th, 2018, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alientude View Post
I will check it out! Thanks!
hart8210 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old July 27th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
I use the pre-made AP encounter packs, will combat manager import from these? Or would I need to load the encounter in HL and save it then import it into combat manager?
I'm not familiar with the pre-made AP encounter packs, but if they're .por files, Combat Manager should be able to import them.

I will say that occasionally CM has an issue with importing portfolios - sometimes the characters end up showing 0 hp and 0 hp max. It's relatively quick to go in and fix that, however.
alientude is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 27th, 2018, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
You would have to export the portfolio containing the encounter, and then load it into Combat Manager.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old July 27th, 2018, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
You would have to export the portfolio containing the encounter, and then load it into Combat Manager.
Yeah, not really worth the effort for minimal gain.
Toblakai is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old July 27th, 2018, 01:51 PM
I end up making portfolios for all the AP encounters anyway (oversized party and I have a house rule on Hit Points) so it would theoretically work for me. Maybe I should check it out...

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old July 27th, 2018, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart8210 View Post
When I activate the Tactical Console, the fear conditions are not listed in the condition window. I am using the expanded fear options from Horror Adventures, if that matters. The correct fear conditions do appear on the character conditions tab, but I just can't seem to find them in the Tactical Console. Maybe I'm just missing something?
Conditions/tactical console show all three base 'Fear' conditions for me. Cowering, Panicked and Shaken. Do you see these, but not the additional expanded options of Spooked, Scared, Terrified, Horrified? (I don't have Horror Adventures and can't check.)
If they aren't displaying - report it as a bug. http://www.wolflair.com/support/repo...ect=pathfinder

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
hart8210

Old July 28th, 2018, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
Conditions/tactical console show all three base 'Fear' conditions for me. Cowering, Panicked and Shaken. Do you see these, but not the additional expanded options of Spooked, Scared, Terrified, Horrified? (I don't have Horror Adventures and can't check.)
If they aren't displaying - report it as a bug. http://www.wolflair.com/support/repo...ect=pathfinder
Yeah, I do not see any of the fear effects, expanded or original. Must be something happening with Horror Adventures. I'll submit a bug report, thanks for the input!
hart8210 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote