Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

AEIOU

Old August 18th, 2014, 08:36 AM
@Ladyofdragons: I'm totally with you. I've tried the other options including the newer roll20. Even though d20pro doesn't have all the right things in place, it's the only one that actually makes GMing easier for me. It reduces Pathfinder combat time by half. I like having choices though as they are all constantly improving.

I typically game with most of my players remote and the others with a laptop/monitor at the table for maps and combat and Teamspeak for talking. I've also used it for local-only games using laptop/monitor and it's worked very well.

Stretch Goal Update: Character sheet editing by EVERYONE is in the works with the $20,000 stretch goal being met. This has been another item that has been frustrating folks. Not a game breaker but certainly a time saver. I think this goal is also connected to their integration of the newer HL importing.
AEIOU is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old August 18th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Well, FG is like RW. If you want a program to be powerful, it is kind of crazy to expect it to be trivial to use. FG has so much more power than d20pro in almost every respect, but you pay for it in the learning curve. It's like comparing Microsoft Paint to Adobe Photoshop and saying the latter isn't intuitive. Or it's like comparing Paint to Campaign Cartographer and bitching about the learning curve.

To each their own, but FG does spells like you want already (and more).

Oh, and FG has a fantastic character sheet in Pathfinder already without a Kickstarter.

Last edited by Bidmaron; August 18th, 2014 at 05:28 PM.
Bidmaron is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old August 19th, 2014, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
Oh, and FG has a fantastic character sheet in Pathfinder already without a Kickstarter.
I do not think it has anything to do with being a good or bad character sheet, it has to do with supporting Hero Lab, and this for me is the deal maker. That and the seemingly good relationship between LWD and MM, and the possibility that thorugh this relationship we could see Realm Works support direct.

I am a heavy invester in LWD with both Hero Lab (all 5 licenses too), and Realm Works. So any product that can leverage these products will get my attention.

I took serious look at FG, and I agree with you, it looks like a fantastic product, however d20 Ultimate looks for me to be the perfect fit. Time is the judge of all things, we shall see.
Exmortis is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old August 19th, 2014, 09:54 AM
opps wrong thread.
Exmortis is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old August 19th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Exmortis, FG can import hero lab already, so what is it you want FG to do that it cannot currently?
Bidmaron is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old August 19th, 2014, 07:04 PM
What is the status of RW integration for FG? That is what this thread is all about.
AEIOU is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old August 20th, 2014, 02:18 AM
uhmm... doesn't the topic say d20pro + RW? I don't remember FG being mentioned in the initial post, but I'll go back to page one and double check.

<wanders off whistling a little diddy>

<wanders back in whistling a different tune>

Yep, mentions d20pro and talks about the kickstarter for d20pro Unlimited (or was it ultimate).
Viking2054 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old August 20th, 2014, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Well, FG is like RW. If you want a program to be powerful, it is kind of crazy to expect it to be trivial to use. FG has so much more power than d20pro in almost every respect, but you pay for it in the learning curve. It's like comparing Microsoft Paint to Adobe Photoshop and saying the latter isn't intuitive. Or it's like comparing Paint to Campaign Cartographer and bitching about the learning curve.
So... I'm an IT professional. And I use Photoshop. And Campaign Cartographer. And Realm Works. And a host of other quite complex applications, aside from the fact that I actually develop applications. My view of intuitive is NOT the same as your average joe's. Easy or complex application, UI can still be intuitive or not. I don't find FG to be intuitive. Photoshop, on the other hand, is actually a breeze. Campaign cartographer is definitely not. Realm Works is quite intuitive, it's the "how to I use it best to not have to redo bunches of my work" where it gets tricky.

However, this thread is about d20pro. Fingers crossed for $30K, though I do have pipe dreams about them actually getting to do the shadowcasting. It's one of the features I like in Map Tools.

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old August 20th, 2014, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyofdragons View Post
So... Campaign cartographer is definitely not. .
Second that statement. Been working with CC since version 1 and I still find it difficult to use. Beyond powerful, I mean its a full CAD engine under the hood, but its not easy, inuitive, nor fun to learn. However once you do, it is only limited by your imagination.
Exmortis is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old August 20th, 2014, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Exmortis, FG can import hero lab already, so what is it you want FG to do that it cannot currently?
First Realm Works integration is the key factor here, my campaign world I am building is soley done in RW. The ability to two way make changes to HL character sheets while gaming, Did not see FG's ability to do that. The idea that better stronger HL integration was coming was very cool. The colaboration with Mesa Mundi could also bring forward so interesting hardware support as well, but thats not a big deal.

I have been considering a VTT for may gaming group on my campiagn for some time, and the tipping of the scale to d20pro was the mention of it in the LWD newsletter. With my entire electronic gaming frontier invested currentyl in LWD products, the idea that these two companies could colaborate was too much to dismiss.

So I am a backer. Like I said, FG looks to be a fantastic product, I just felt D20Pro was the better fit for me moving foward, and in case it has not ben mentioned, this is a new campaign and world built ground up, I am not slated to GM for 2 years, so there is no immediate need.
Exmortis is offline   #20 Reply With Quote