Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ruhar

Old November 27th, 2018, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
On the bright side, we know exactly where to go if we need to borrow a pitchfork. XD
I promise I would never use pitchforks on you guys, I love you.
But I can't speak for the others. LOL
ruhar is offline   #691 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 28th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Haha! We love you too Ruhar. XD

Realm Works 64-bit beta is live, go check out Rob's posts!
BJ is offline   #692 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old November 28th, 2018, 04:26 PM
Thanks for delivering a new version before december !

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #693 Reply With Quote
medwards89

Old November 28th, 2018, 10:49 PM
When I first got this software I lived on a fixed income. There is not much money around for gaming. I doled out precious cash on this software cause was promised the content market so I could in the future buy my campaign and modules. Yeah that really has not happened and am ready for a refund. Hell I might sell my license to someone if I can find a brain damaged person to pay me a quick tenner for it. I am at the point that I will never use it. I log in every now and then hoping the content market will show... but of course my money went to pay for ?? wow i am not sure. Now instead of the Content Market we get a fricking 64 bit BETA. How about we get the crap promised first before you improve on it? Not getting any sypathy from me as for health issues. I never got any from my 2 Heart attacks and 1 Stroke. still had to finish my job. And having only 1 person knowing the insides out of the software means nothing more than you FAILED to document a damn thing so maybe someone else can work on it. Job security I guess...

And now that my dream of opening my own game store is finally coming to light, my hope to sell Lone Wolf software is dashed, how can I stand behind a company that cannot deliver. Loved Hero Lab Classic. Hate Hero Lab Online, (to unreliable, internet connectivity required the WHOLE time... nope not there. and after spending the stupid amount on Classic to see it not transfer.... yeah) Realm Works, well can't say it is still not ready. Can anyone say Vaporware?

I hope for the best, may you finally get the content market up and going. At this point I think I am out.....

Anyone wanna buy a slightly used copy of Realm Works?

P.S.
<please don't delete my Classic Account>

Last edited by medwards89; November 28th, 2018 at 11:00 PM.
medwards89 is offline   #694 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old November 28th, 2018, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medwards89 View Post
When I first got this software I lived on a fixed income. There is not much money around for gaming. I doled out precious cash on this software cause was promised the content market so I could in the future buy my campaign and modules. Yeah that really has not happened and am ready for a refund. Hell I might sell my license to someone if I can find a brain damaged person to pay me a quick tenner for it. I am at the point that I will never use it. I log in every now and then hoping the content market will show... but of course my money went to pay for ?? wow i am not sure. Now instead of the Content Market we get a fricking 64 bit BETA. How about we get the crap promised first before you improve on it? Not getting any sypathy from me as for health issues. I never got any from my 2 Heart attacks and 1 Stroke. still had to finish my job. And having only 1 person knowing the insides out of the software means nothing more than you FAILED to document a damn thing so maybe someone else can work on it. Job security I guess...

And now that my dream of opening my own game store is finally coming to light, my hope to sell Lone Wolf software is dashed, how can I stand behind a company that cannot deliver. Loved Hero Lab Classic. Hate Hero Lab Online, (to unreliable, internet connectivity required the WHOLE time... nope not there. and after spending the stupid amount on Classic to see it not transfer.... yeah) Realm Works, well can't say it is still not ready. Can anyone say Vaporware?

I hope for the best, may you finally get the content market up and going. At this point I think I am out.....

Anyone wanna buy a slightly used copy of Realm Works?

P.S.
<please don't delete my Classic Account>

Wow, someone sure is grumpy today!

I could now elaborate on how your priorities are wrong, how everybody here rejoices that we finally have a faster 64 bit version and updates in general, how bashing rob for his health issues is really low, how not taking a break and keep working with your own health issues is just stupid, how great the interface of HLO is, how the content market is not the top priority for many user and also maybe (at least in part) paizo's fault, but you know what? That would be too much time spent on negativity, so I don't.

The only thing I can agree with, is the problem of concentrating too much knowledge on rob, but afaik they work on getting more devs versed in the RW code, so it's hopefully not a problem for long anymore.

Having said that, I'm sure someone will be happy to get your license for a few bucks.

Farewell.

Last edited by Merion; November 28th, 2018 at 11:57 PM.
Merion is offline   #695 Reply With Quote
medwards89

Old November 29th, 2018, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
Wow, someone sure is grumpy today!
how bashing rob for his health issues is really low, how not taking a break and keep working with your own health issues is just stupid,
Yep, too grumpy to be allowed to write the above, and for that I apologize...
your right a guys health is his own nightmare to deal with... and do wish him the best.

I do feel it could of been handled differently (proper documentation and team knowledge) but you are right I am not in the know and really should not speak out of turn.

Like I said I bought this years ago For the promised in 6 month content market. Years of "soon, soon we are almost there" kinda burned it and still not sure if it is coming. Will it include the Version of Pathfinder that I am using? Still a lot of unknowns.

I now bow out of the Forums to return to the Foot Mouth Clinic...
medwards89 is offline   #696 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 29th, 2018, 09:42 PM
Let me come at this both as a long time coder and a project manager.

No one ever knows a complex project as well as the guy(s) who wrote it. That's just the nature of the beast. Only the most dedicated, and anal retentive sorts, produce useful documentation while writing code. I've gone back years after writing code on projects that had serious documentation standards that passed review and found my own documentation to be baffling in its opaqueness. Then after a while poking around my memory got jogged enough I remembered what I needed to know and I didn't even really need the documentation. But good luck and god help someone else trying to make head or tails of it.

From a project manager stand point I'd love to have a technical writer on every senior developers elbow documenting all the critical code in a major project. Now can I have double the budget? No? Ok. Can I get one tech writer to turn the barely English notes and code comments and automatically generated stuff into some sort of useful documentation of the project to bring new team member up to speed and to serve as a reference? No? Can I at least set up an internal wiki and get some budgeted staff hours to maintain it? No? Well shit. And that's on big projects with teams larger than 3 guys.

On a small project with only a few guys mostly driven by one person I'd personally be impressed that they have decent version control practices.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #697 Reply With Quote
Kathorus

Old November 30th, 2018, 05:38 AM
I will just add that since Rob has been getting better, communication has improved as well, and now we do have a beta update that is fixing issues and showing progress. It definitely feels like we're moving out of the woods. If you've waited this long, you might want to hold on for a little bit longer. I am a KS backer, so I understand and share the frustration even though I am not that interested in the content market and instead wish for things like calendars.
Kathorus is offline   #698 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old November 30th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medwards89 View Post
Not getting any sypathy from me as for health issues. I never got any from my 2 Heart attacks and 1 Stroke. still had to finish my job.
Well, you got it from me. I'm sorry you have had to deal with 2 heart attacks and a stroke. I'm sure that dealing with any single one of those is a burden enough for most people, and you had to deal with 3 different incidents.

I don't know how long it's been since you've suffered those. I don't know how well you're doing now. But I hope you are doing well. The fact that you're near to opening your own game store is, I hope, a good sign regarding your current state of health.

*Raises a toast to you.*
EightBitz is offline   #699 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old November 30th, 2018, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Well, you got it from me. I'm sorry you have had to deal with 2 heart attacks and a stroke. I'm sure that dealing with any single one of those is a burden enough for most people, and you had to deal with 3 different incidents.

I don't know how long it's been since you've suffered those. I don't know how well you're doing now. But I hope you are doing well. The fact that you're near to opening your own game store is, I hope, a good sign regarding your current state of health.

*Raises a toast to you.*
From me too. I hope you are doing well by now, medwards89. If not (well enough), I wish you a speedy and full recovery. And all the best for your shop.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #700 Reply With Quote