Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 31st, 2013, 11:28 AM
No, the army statistics are calculated in core files, not in something accessible to the user.

Once we've modified Hero Lab itself so that more than 64 tabs can be displayed in the editor, we'll be adding editor tabs for the army abilities, resources, etc., so if the only difference added in the other book you're talking about are that it adds additional materials, that capability is on the to-do list.
Mathias is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Nero Shade

Old October 31st, 2013, 03:45 PM
Delicious Fright is incorrectly listed as a grand hex. It is actually a Major hex and should be able to be picked at 10th level.
Nero Shade is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 31st, 2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Shade View Post
Delicious Fright is incorrectly listed as a grand hex. It is actually a Major hex and should be able to be picked at 10th level.
I would report that as a Bug Report actually. Listing it in a individual thread means it will just get lost.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
xyxrt

Old November 1st, 2013, 01:01 PM
I upgraded to version 8.0 on both the desktop client and on my iPad. Also, I bought a new iPad Air today. Now, when I try to look at a character on the iPad, I'm getting validation errors on all my characters. These were working just fine in the previous version on an iPad 4, so not sure exactly which change broke things.

For example..."Barbarian: In the editor, you must set the max limit of this class to be a non-zero value. You should set it to be the number of levels the class can go up to."

It also talks about skills saying you may only have your hit dice in ranks in a skill.

UPDATE: I reinstalled the app with 7.20 on the iPad and am getting the same types of validation errors, even with the demo portfolios. This must be something to do with the Air.

Last edited by xyxrt; November 1st, 2013 at 01:19 PM.
xyxrt is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 1st, 2013, 01:16 PM
Hi xyxrt,

Jealous of your new iPad! Can you please email a couple of the portfolios that are running into the problem to support@wolflair.com for us to take a look at? It'd also really help if you could include the text of the error messages you're getting (you should be able to copy and paste them into the email).

Thanks, and sorry to hear you're having problems with Hero Lab!
Colen is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 1st, 2013, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Hi xyxrt,

Jealous of your new iPad! Can you please email a couple of the portfolios that are running into the problem to support@wolflair.com for us to take a look at? It'd also really help if you could include the text of the error messages you're getting (you should be able to copy and paste them into the email).

Thanks, and sorry to hear you're having problems with Hero Lab!
Wanted to say I just found the same exact thing myself on my brothers new iPad Air also. Super strange errors about setting levels for the rogue class or sorcerer class. Which I know I never touched in my houserules data set.

I will have my brother send in stuff also to help.

Note: The eldritch knight "Seltyiel" which is the stock .por that comes with the iPad app displays errors about invalid classes on load. I will have my brother email in some pictures.
Note2: I just tested on my iPad 2 (iOS 7.0.3; Pathfinder v8.0) and everything works great. Loaded the exact same character as my brother and its perfect. On the iPad air its strange errors.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; November 1st, 2013 at 09:57 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old November 1st, 2013, 09:39 PM
Do you both have the updates pointed to the right place?
Nikmal is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old November 2nd, 2013, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
Do you both have the updates pointed to the right place?
hehehehe..Yeah Shadow..Do you have it pointed to the right place? I just find that funny since he is the one that fixes the majority of the problems, like entering something wrong, on the forum. I would die laughing if he made that simple mistake that he has corrected so many people on.

(See's another CORE RULEBOOK imprint in his forehead in the near future...)
Umarian is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old November 2nd, 2013, 08:02 AM
It is an obvious thing but even the best of us sometimes forget

A friend of mine that is an IT tech asked me to help him fix his computer as he could not get it to turn on for some reason. I plugged it in to the wall socket and viola... magic and it turns on
Nikmal is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 2nd, 2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
It is an obvious thing but even the best of us sometimes forget

A friend of mine that is an IT tech asked me to help him fix his computer as he could not get it to turn on for some reason. I plugged it in to the wall socket and viola... magic and it turns on
LOL that is really funny!

In this case though we are dealing with all CORE HL stuff as I removed my addons and as a test we used the .por file that came with the HL app. So any incorrect download or URL is then built into the app and I couldn't change it anyways.

Personally really surprised that its only on the air as other than hardware the OS is exactly the same as what I run on my iPad 2. Almost wondering then if its a CPU/Memory issue with the new air's....

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #20 Reply With Quote