Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Vertrand the Angry

Old June 8th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Hello, folks.

My name is Vert, and I'm happy to say I recently purchased Hero Lab to help me manage my characters for my d20Pro license. I've been lurking around these forums for about two weeks and I've been trying to prepare for when I needed to jump into the realm of custom content.

I've come to an impasse, and though I've tried following the directions from the "Help" link in the Editor, I feel as though I'm getting nowhere.

My question is regarding the abilities of a custom race I'm brewing up (Really they are just tweaked versions of existing race).

The tweaked Saurian is a race that is particularly sensitive to Arcane Magic, and I want to give them the ability to choose my tweaked "Sensitive" feat without meeting the prerequisites. In the "Edit Pre-req" box, I placed two scripts.
  1. if (#skillranks[skSpellcr] >=5) then
    @valid = 1
    endif
  2. if (tagis[israce.rSaurian2]) then
    @valid = 1
    endif

Could anyone help me recognize what I've done wrong in this instance? When I go to "Test Now" I get the error message "Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' for Thing 'fSensitive' on line 1 -> Group 'israce' not defined"

Thank you very much for your time in advance,
-Vert
Vertrand the Angry is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 8th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Capitalization matters in Hero Lab's scripting language - IsRace, rather than israce.

Also, within an if () then, you need to have it be some sort of comparison - =, <, >, or <> - in this case, "<> 0".

Here's your test, re-written with a few macros and code refinements:

Code:

validif (#skillranks[skSpellcr] >= 5)
validif (#hasrace[rSaurian2] <> 0)
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote