Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sarrion

Old January 14th, 2011, 11:40 PM
First time poster, I just purchased HL for Pathfinder and I noticed that my spell descriptions are missing a lot of their description..is there an expanded spell description i can download?

Also when i try to import some default enemies I get [missing source!] errors?

Last edited by Sarrion; January 14th, 2011 at 11:48 PM.
Sarrion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 15th, 2011, 04:17 AM
You can copy, add text and then have the new spells replace the old. I did that for all PHB spells in 3.5, but I don't know anyone has done the same in Pathfinder.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sarrion

Old January 15th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Do you know if there is a way to show spell descriptions for scrolls in your inventory?
Sarrion is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old January 31st, 2011, 04:18 AM
I dont think there is a way for the scroll to display the spell text. But then again even in the book, it just says the "same as spell x"

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Scarab83

Old April 18th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Definitely lacking. Is there an update for spell descriptions on the way?
Scarab83 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sarrion

Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:26 AM
I was just going to ask the same thing. Apparently they will be released in 3.7, but that was said 11 months ago, when is 3.7 coming?
Sarrion is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:36 AM
It was supposed to arrive before the end of March. However, in most cases where software design is concerned, that was probably just an optimistic prediction, as we are now into May without 3.7 released. As it is, the best laid plans don't always come to fruition, so we're in the dark about when it will arrive. It will when it will is the best answer.
Kendall-DM is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 6th, 2011, 08:41 AM
The reason that the spell descriptions are missing text is because the source data we originally had for Pathfinder made it impossible to enter the details easily - we would have had to spend weeks (literally) doing nothing but retyping spell descriptions. Since then, this has been an item on our to-do list, but there have always been new features and improvements to add instead, so it's never made it to the top.

However, the good news is that we recently implemented a solution that is paving the way for updated spell descriptions - all the spells in Ultimate Magic will have the proper full descriptions, and at some time in the next few months we'll be retroactively applying this to the core rulebook spells as well. So this should be taken care of soon.

Regarding HL3.7 - we were originally hoping to get 3.7 released earlier, but unfortunately a number of unexpected things interfered and we haven't been able to release it yet. Barring furtuer unexpected issues, the current plan is to release 3.7 this month.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mike Dowd

Old May 6th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Would you guys like some assistance in typing out the descriptions and formatting them? I could take a chunk of that work and send you a zip file if you'd like....
Mike Dowd is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 6th, 2011, 11:32 AM
No need. Thanks for the offer.

Last edited by Mathias; May 6th, 2011 at 11:43 AM.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote