Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Seems

Old January 10th, 2019, 06:13 AM
Is there any way to order the way weapons are displayed on the character sheet? My character has 2 daggers in wrist sheaths that are unequipped, and a bastard sword that is equipped. Yet on the character sheet each dagger is displayed first, pushing the bastard sword onto the second page. Is there any way to change this?

Thanks!
Seems is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old January 10th, 2019, 01:55 PM
There is no option to sort weapons that I'm aware of. Armor and weapons are sorted alphabetically, and don't care which is equipped on the printed character sheet. Programmer probably assumed you'll switch between weapons during the game, providing stats for both.

Suggestion - Add unique name to each item, like adding a "1" and "2" to the beginning.
Krothos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 10th, 2019, 02:44 PM
The built in feature of Equipment Sets was added to help with sort order. In addition the Community Pack has an adjustment that lets you order which weapons appears first, second etc in the list. The adjustment is called "Weapon Order".

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 10th, 2019 at 02:48 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old January 10th, 2019, 03:45 PM
I did not know that (Weapon Order) option was available! Thanks SC!
Krothos is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Seems

Old January 10th, 2019, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The built in feature of Equipment Sets was added to help with sort order. In addition the Community Pack has an adjustment that lets you order which weapons appears first, second etc in the list. The adjustment is called "Weapon Order".
This is a big help - didn't realize that's how equipment sets worked! As for the Community Pack, I have it installed but do not see "Weapon Order" in the adjustments. Is there a particular option under Configure Hero I need enabled? I see Community Pack (v1.19) and ShadowChemosh's Equipment is checked but that's all.
Seems is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old January 10th, 2019, 08:30 PM
I found it by searching "weapon order" under Other Abilities. It is under the Equipment section.
Krothos is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 10th, 2019, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seems View Post
This is a big help - didn't realize that's how equipment sets worked! As for the Community Pack, I have it installed but do not see "Weapon Order" in the adjustments. Is there a particular option under Configure Hero I need enabled? I see Community Pack (v1.19) and ShadowChemosh's Equipment is checked but that's all.
To see all the new adjustments you have to enable "ShadowChemosh Adjustments" in the same place you did the equipment. Then go to the Adjust tab and in the other adjustments you will find "print order".

Then once you add the adjustment select your bastard sword from the dropdown and leave the counter at 1. Bastard sword will then have a higher sort priority than any other weapon and will always display first.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Seems

Old January 11th, 2019, 03:59 AM
Fantastic - thank you!
Seems is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Arjon Smithson

Old January 11th, 2019, 05:11 PM
Just found this thread, and it fixes an annoyance (that I wasn't really aware was annoying me). A character with first weapon a mw rapier, +1 sword in second hand and a mw dagger in reserve, and they always showed up in the wrong order for me. I actually hadn't looked at it to see that it was in alphabetical order. Thank you Tim
Arjon Smithson is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Arjon Smithson

Old January 13th, 2019, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
To see all the new adjustments you have to enable "ShadowChemosh Adjustments" in the same place you did the equipment. Then go to the Adjust tab and in the other adjustments you will find "print order".

Then once you add the adjustment select your bastard sword from the dropdown and leave the counter at 1. Bastard sword will then have a higher sort priority than any other weapon and will always display first.
Just noticed in exploring these, Tim, 'Feat: Power Attack' and 'Weapon Order' seem to be incompatible. Both work fine individually, but when weapon order is in place, Power Attack being ticked has no apparent effect. Doesn't seem to matter the order of selection of the adjustments.
Arjon Smithson is offline   #10 Reply With Quote