Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sanfio

Old September 1st, 2009, 11:25 AM
Does anyone else have this problem, when I add a heavy weapon team to a command squad or a troop squad in IG the total point cost goes down instead of up. Does anyone know a fix?
Sanfio is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old September 9th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Have you tried giving them a heavy weapon?
Mr_Rose is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Homer S
Volunteer Data File Author

Old September 10th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Head over to ab40k.org and download the latest version manually. Make sure to delete the old ones you might have.

Homer
Homer S is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Spartan

Old September 12th, 2009, 02:41 AM
I headed over to ab40k.org and downloaded the latest version manually (AB40k5 1,03b). I made sure to delete the old one I had beforehand.

Sadly, I still have the problem...

If I did this incorrect, please give detailed information on how I should proceed to correct it.

Thanks
Spartan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old September 14th, 2009, 05:04 AM
Seriously, give the HWT a HW; for whatever technical reason, the ab40k guys seem to have added 5 points to all the HW prices to compensate for this.
Mr_Rose is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Spartan

Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:33 PM
Nah, that didn`t work either...

Is there a fix coming? Anyone know when?
Spartan is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
daedalus

Old September 25th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Hi Spartan,

I can duplicate the same issue you are seeing. My steps for reproduction are:
New IG army,
Add infantry platoon, (shows as 130 points)
Tick "add heavy weapons team" (listed as 5 points. Actually reduces the total points to 125)
The heavy weapons team should be outfitted by default with a mortar and shouldn't require additional weapon selection, but even so, adding an autocannon only boosts the point total back up to the original 130, as opposed to the 145 that it actually should be (i think thats right. I don't have my Codex in front of me right now).

I have AB version 3.2a, warhammer 40k 5th ed files version 1.3.

I took a look at the entry in ig5UniDatV2.dat, which APPEARS to be the right IG file (there are about 4 in there, most appear to be old codex for some reason), and for the entry ig5E_HWTeA under the infantry squad upgrades, there is a Text costs of 5+, but there is no actual cost added. I believe what is happening here is that since the squad is 10 people @ 50 pts, its technically 5 pts/guy. This is removing one guy and turning another guy into a "heavy weapons team", so you're getting 5 points back and it is costing you nothing.

Last edited by daedalus; September 25th, 2009 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Further investigation.
daedalus is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 25th, 2009, 08:21 AM
In Armybuilder, if you select "Visit Data File Author's Website" in the help menu, it will take you to ab40k.org, which is where the team that maintains the 40k files coordinates their efforts. Among the bug reports there, I see one labeled "Points for heavy weapons teams off by 10 points" listed with a status of "Fixed on Next Release"
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote