Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

McQ

Old June 26th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I'm sorry, I was making the problem far more difficult than it needed to be. I assumed I needed to create the spell and somehow factor in the charges. Instead I realize I'm basically just making a Special with the name of the spell and the number of charges...
McQ is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
McQ

Old June 26th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Ok..hehe, sorry, found another curious issue. :P

If you look at say Staff of Abjuration, put it on a character, and go to the In-Play tab you see the list of charges; the spells themselves and the the staffs total charges.
You can click one of the spell charges, and it will affect the staffs total charges.

Now, if you take the Runestaff of Transmutation, equip it and look at the In-Play tab, when you click one of the spells you're given only a certain number of charges per day and there is no staffs total charges. Granted, Runestaffs may work differently than regular staffs.

But, I created a new staff, and used the "Runestaff - Alter Self" Special (from Runestaff of Transmutation) as my guide. When I built the new staff I gave the staff itself charges. So if I add my new staff and click a charge spell I have spells per day, and it will not effect the staff total charges.

I wondered if I should change the specials for the spells on the New Staff to have no charge, and then I assume there might be an Eval Script to have a charge clicked on the spell to affect the Staff Total Charges?
McQ is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
McQ

Old June 26th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Figured it all out. Sorry for the flooding of threads
McQ is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
McQ

Old June 26th, 2011, 08:40 PM
So I finished the Staffs for Complete Divine and starting to work on the Complete Arcane staffs. Want me to send the file?
McQ is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 26th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Sure thing. Thanks for all your hard work!
Lawful_g is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
McQ

Old June 27th, 2011, 12:04 PM
..Hrm, so, how shall I send you the file?
McQ is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 27th, 2011, 01:23 PM
If this is being sent in to be included with the d20 community data set I just started a new THREAD for release 1.6 actually.

So if you could do me two small things that would be great. In the editor under the VIEW menu is where you can set the Author info for any .user files you create. Your name and contact would be great to put in their.

If you can post in the above thread about what you added and from what book. That will be super handy for me when I go to compile all this stuff a month from now.

Thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #17 Reply With Quote