Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Farling

Old December 14th, 2018, 10:09 PM
Quote:
When a content element is renamed, Realm Works no longer prompts the user to perform a fixup of matching links within other content. These matching links are now automatically displayed with the correct name without the need for a separate fixup operation.
If the occurrences of the link are going to be automatically changed to the new text, can we get an option to disconnect ALL links before we change the topic title?

Sometime the topic title is being changed in order to prevent future linking (e.g. by adding the word "The" to the start, and this word definitely doesn't want adding to all occurrences of links to the topic).

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 14th, 2018, 10:14 PM
Various options were added in beta 247 to change the behaviour of Realm Works, and these options are changing the behaviour by default.

This means that a user who upgrades is going to have to read the release notes in order to realise that they will have to go in and change several options to keep their current behaviour.

I think that all these sorts of options should default to the previous product default - especially if it is a per-realm setting when a user will have to go into each realm and find all the options to revert to previous behaviour. (Which is the case for the changed behaviour selections.)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Last edited by Farling; December 14th, 2018 at 10:21 PM.
Farling is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 14th, 2018, 10:17 PM
On the "Content Display" preference panel, the currently selected "Label Display" option is removed when interacting with entries in the "Content Link Display" section of the panel.

Changing to a different realm aspect and back again, restores the indication of the selected label display (but again is lost when keyboard focus is moved to the content link display section).

Farling

Farling is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old December 15th, 2018, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
If the occurrences of the link are going to be automatically changed to the new text, can we get an option to disconnect ALL links before we change the topic title?

Sometime the topic title is being changed in order to prevent future linking (e.g. by adding the word "The" to the start, and this word definitely doesn't want adding to all occurrences of links to the topic).
How often is this really the case? Every time I've ever changed a topic's title I've wanted the links updated. Why would you want to do what you describe?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 15th, 2018, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
How often is this really the case? Every time I've ever changed a topic's title I've wanted the links updated. Why would you want to do what you describe?
Because I do.

Many times I've needed to change a topic's title and break the links to it. e.g. a topic called "bedroom" that I'm renaming so that the name of the place appears in the topic title - I don't want "happy hunter bedroom" appearing everywhere in the linked topics.

Or, because I'll quite often have a topic with slightly the wrong name, and only after I have entered other information do I realise that I want the name of the topic changed - and I then have to manually go through each connected topic to remove the link before I can change the title of the topic.

Automatically changing the text that appears in other topics isn't always a good thing.

Farling

Farling is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old December 15th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Because I do.

Many times I've needed to change a topic's title and break the links to it. e.g. a topic called "bedroom" that I'm renaming so that the name of the place appears in the topic title - I don't want "happy hunter bedroom" appearing everywhere in the linked topics.

Or, because I'll quite often have a topic with slightly the wrong name, and only after I have entered other information do I realise that I want the name of the topic changed - and I then have to manually go through each connected topic to remove the link before I can change the title of the topic.

Automatically changing the text that appears in other topics isn't always a good thing.
Ok. Different solution to a problem everyone who has entered published material or has a lot of generic locations. I just deal with the multiple choices for the link targets and choose the right one based on suffix. I can see not wanting that.

Has anyone tested to see if changing a topic title that is the same as multiple other topics changes all the links pointing to those topics?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old December 15th, 2018, 10:39 AM
Something I noticed in the latest build is that it is only showing me 2 options in Automatic Content Link Detection when I might have 3 or more defined.

Is this planned? Something I missed when I was setting up Preferences? I usually like to select between 3-4 possibilities.

I checked by stepping back to build 46 and it shows 3 on the article in question... on build 47 only showing 2.

Last edited by Grey Mage; December 15th, 2018 at 01:14 PM.
Grey Mage is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old December 15th, 2018, 02:15 PM
Found it after a bit more searching... Auto Ignore off fixed it.
Grey Mage is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
craghammer

Old December 16th, 2018, 10:47 AM
Still getting index out of bounds errors with the 247 version, and I'm itching to get that fixed so I too can bask in the glory of 64-bit!
craghammer is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Randall Jhen

Old December 19th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
Yes, a update would be good.

The weekly progress update is overdue this week. Come on, LWD, didn't you see how happy everyone was about the increased communication? Don't get sloppy with it again, that would make me sad. If rob has health or work issues keeping him from posting, let at least someone else inform us about that. Even a "sorry, too busy, no update this week" from the intern would be better than silence.
http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....8&postcount=10
Randall Jhen is offline   #40 Reply With Quote