Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Cortex System

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 18th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Greetings,

We've been actively supporting the Cortex game system for a few years now, including the various licensed properties built upon Cortex (e.g. BSG, Serenity, etc.). Those licensed properties create a unique aspect of our Cortex support as compared to the other game systems we offer. Everyone both at Lone Wolf and MWP believed that our support for those licensed properties was being handled correctly until a recent review uncovered some potential issues. Consequently, we need to suspend new sales of Cortex until this all gets resolved.

Please note that this is TEMPORARY. We've been assured by MWP that we'll be able to fully support Cortex Plus when it's released, and we're actively working with MWP and the studios to secure licenses to support their most recent games (Leverage and Smallville). So the relationship is strong and we just need to work through this hiccup with the current Cortex data files.

For those of you who have already purchased Cortex, nothing is being taken away from you. Only NEW sales have been discontinued. So existing users will be fully capable of continuing to use the Cortex data files. When installing Hero Lab from scratch, the Cortex system will no longer appear on the "Select Game System" screen. However, you can readily download the Cortex files AFTER first activating your license by viewing the list of updates available. Anyone with a Cortex license will see Cortex listed in the updates and can download, install, and use those data files.

To those of you looking to purchase access to the Cortex data files, we apologize for the inconvenience and we're actively working to make Cortex available once again.
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Every1talks

Old March 4th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Will keep checking back.
Every1talks is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Zansha87

Old July 13th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Just getting into the Cortex system, and saw that there haven't been any updates. Then I saw this thread. Glad I saw it. Now I was wondering how things are going with getting it straightened around? I absolutely love Hero Lab and the awesome versatility of it. Hope I (and all the others) can be using this extension of it soon.

Keep up the good work!
Zansha87
Zansha87 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
spacebug

Old August 5th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Typical, I was waiting for Shadowrun to come out and then going to get Shadowrun and Serenity at once, and now Serenity is gone!

I hope the Cortex stuff gets re-activated soon. Is there any word on if/when this is likely to happen?
spacebug is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lightspeed Hobbies

Old September 12th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Will you be able to include the Marvel RPG in with Cortex Plus after you get everything resolved? MWP's licensed Marvel RPG doesn't come out until February 2012. Has this been discussed yet? Or will the content for Marvel not be included like the DC RPG wasn't for M&M 3rd ed.?

Michael Hansen
Lightspeed Hobbies

5884 US Hwy 6
In the Portage Commons
Portage, IN 46368
219-764-7314

www.lightspeedhobbies.com
customerservice@lightspeedhobbies.com
Lightspeed Hobbies is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DocSun

Old September 29th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Will you ever be working on getting Cortex back? I came across the system a week or so ago recalled seeing it in hero lab when I got it a long while back but... now nothing. Please try and get it back if not for current support at least up to the last module that you had.

From wondering around the website it looks like this has been an issue for almost a year.
DocSun is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old October 23rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
Just checking also about the Cortex system, my group is looking to play some serenity soon and I am not sure that everyones HL has this installed.
SAbel is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 3rd, 2011, 08:05 AM
No news on Cortex at this time, sorry.
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
EberronKnight

Old October 11th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
No news on Cortex at this time, sorry.
Any word yet on Cortex (specifically thinking of the new Marvel game) ?

Thanks,
EK
EberronKnight is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
senjak

Old November 21st, 2012, 05:09 AM
Any update?

Thanks,

Senjak
senjak is offline   #10 Reply With Quote