Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old December 6th, 2017, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman964 View Post
Just so I know I am sure I have this correct, this replaces the eval script for Deity's Favored Weapon for Favored Soul?

Thanks.
No. It replaces the script for the feat Weapon Specialization found in Custom - Core Book Mods.
Sendric is offline   #721 Reply With Quote
Zakier

Old December 13th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Can you point me to the source/page this is listed on. I can't seem to find it.
Yeah it's in races of ebberon page 26 under shifter traits
Zakier is offline   #722 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 13th, 2017, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakier View Post
Yeah it's in races of ebberon page 26 under shifter traits
Ah, thanks. Unfortunately, that source book hasn't yet been added to the community set. I'll add it to the to-do list, but I can't promise it's going to be very high on the priority list.
Sendric is offline   #723 Reply With Quote
Zakier

Old December 14th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Ah, thanks. Unfortunately, that source book hasn't yet been added to the community set. I'll add it to the to-do list, but I can't promise it's going to be very high on the priority list.
That's odd, the shifter race is already in the files and all then other racial options are there.
Zakier is offline   #724 Reply With Quote
Shaman964

Old December 14th, 2017, 11:57 AM
I am building a Warpriest (PrC) of Hextor and I ran into errors.

When you take the first level of the PrC, you get the a bonus domain linked to your deity but the description has what is likely a copy and paste error as it states 'You gain access to the Oracle Domain abilities and spells.

When I assign my spellcasting levels to Cleric then go to the cleric tab to add spells when I try to assign new Domain spells I get the following error: "Syntax error in dynamic 'candidate' tag expression."

Also Hextor's description gives martial weapon proficiencies in flail, heavy flail, and dire flail yet it does not seem to get assigned. Same with the Weapon Focus option for a cleric of that deity.
Shaman964 is offline   #725 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 14th, 2017, 12:12 PM
I don't see the 'Oracle' reference you are reporting, but I do get the error when assigning spells.
Looks like you chose 'War' Domain for your cleric - the proficiency bonus comes from the domain, not really the deity. (Note Dire Flail is Exotic, not martial) It doesn't look like the domain adds the feat correctly (feat is assigned but no bonus).

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; December 14th, 2017 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Clarification & correction
Dami is offline   #726 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 14th, 2017, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakier View Post
That's odd, the shifter race is already in the files and all then other racial options are there.
The shifter race is included in the Eberron Campaign Setting, so the racial options that you see are from there.
Sendric is offline   #727 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 14th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Quote:

When I assign my spellcasting levels to Cleric then go to the cleric tab to add spells when I try to assign new Domain spells I get the following error: "Syntax error in dynamic 'candidate' tag expression."
Ok, this is a little confusing. There's a note in the Warpriest's Bonus Domain ability that talks about how the bonus domain is applied, but I can't find any rules anywhere that back it up.

Here's the note:
Quote:
Casters who memorize their spells may choose to memorize one of the domain spells in place of another spell. Casters who cast spontaneously may choose to add one of the domain spells to their spells known list, though they are still limited by the number of known spells. Casters who use a spellbook may scribe these spells into their spellbook from another spellbook or scroll. Once scribed, they may choose to memorize one domain spell per level per day. Use the selector to determine which class to apply these new spells to.
Can anyone verify if the above is correct?

In the meantime, I've written a new script to replace the one currently found on the Warpriest's Bonus Domain ability which will work with the Cleric class or any class that uses secondary spells. Feel free to replace the script with this (note the change in timing as well):

(Complete Divine Class Special)

Pre-levels/12000
Code:
~ get out if we haven't chosen anything.
doneif (field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 0)

~ set our focus to chosen class
perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.setfocus

~ pull the tags that grant domain spells from the domain and apply to chosen class
perform hero.findchild[BaseClrDom,"CustTaken.cHelpWpt"].pulltags[ClsScAllSp.?]
perform focus.pushtags[ClsScAllSp.?]

Last edited by Sendric; December 15th, 2017 at 07:16 AM.
Sendric is offline   #728 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 15th, 2017, 04:43 AM
Quote:

When you take the first level of the PrC, you get the a bonus domain linked to your deity but the description has what is likely a copy and paste error as it states 'You gain access to the Oracle Domain abilities and spells.
Fixed. Thanks.

Last edited by Sendric; December 15th, 2017 at 04:46 AM.
Sendric is offline   #729 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 15th, 2017, 04:45 AM
Quote:

Also Hextor's description gives martial weapon proficiencies in flail, heavy flail, and dire flail yet it does not seem to get assigned. Same with the Weapon Focus option for a cleric of that deity.
This is a bug in the Favored Weapon Focus feat (core). I will attempt to fix it.

Update: I have it working up to the point where once you add the favored weapon to your portfolio, it will apply both proficiency and weapon focus. Not sure yet how to make the weapon appear as proficient in the selection menu.

Update #2: Note that the dire flail should not be listed as a favored weapon. I have fixed this for the next release.

Last edited by Sendric; December 15th, 2017 at 07:05 AM.
Sendric is offline   #730 Reply With Quote