Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Loyal Bulldog

Old March 22nd, 2017, 02:44 AM
Hi,

I'm not sure how to to express this in english, so I hope I make myself clear.

Is there a way to have containers automatically hide the containing items? I'm starting to have a lot of content and it would be easier to see everything this way.
Loyal Bulldog is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 22nd, 2017, 05:22 AM
I think that's clear enough.

It sounds like what you want is for the hierarchy of containers to be "collapsed" automatically. There is not such a feature now, but it has been requested often before this. For the moment, what you CAN do is to use the menu command "Collapse Entire Hierarchy" on the tools menu of the Navigation Pane (keystroke Ctrl and - ) in each tab to collapse the containers.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old March 22nd, 2017, 12:09 PM
And remember, that each tab has its own navigation pane.

This means if you are in tab 1 and collapses everything, it will not (necessarily) be collapsed when you go to tab 2.

This way your tabs have their very own navigation pane, so to speak.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old March 22nd, 2017, 10:25 PM
Also keep in mind that the Ctrl and - does not collapse the entire hierarchy, which to me means that groups should also be collapsed. If you use the option to "Group Similar Kinds of Topics" it will not collapse the groups. I've posted details and screenshots about this in the following thread:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ollapse&page=3

The fact that groups are expanded, creating a large list I have to scroll through, which is not not easily collapsed is one of those annoyances I've learned to live with. It bugs me, but doesn't significantly impact my use of the program and there are many other things I would rather they focus development on.

Control plus = has never been particularly useful to me either. If I can't collapse everything, it would at least be nice to be able to jump to the currently active topic after I've scrolled through hundreds of items. If you have "group by similar kinds of topics" selected, Ctrl = does nothing.

I appear to be one of the very few users who uses the option to group by similar kinds of topics AND show containing topic hierarchy, because the limitation of the Ctrl = and Ctrl - shortcuts doesn't seem to be experienced by many users.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
craghammer

Old March 23rd, 2017, 01:20 AM
Ctrl + Shift + - collapses everything IIRC
craghammer is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old March 23rd, 2017, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
I appear to be one of the very few users who uses the option to group by similar kinds of topics AND show containing topic hierarchy, because the limitation of the Ctrl = and Ctrl - shortcuts doesn't seem to be experienced by many users.
For me it's the other way around: I use both those settings but never use those commands. ::shrug::

Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 23rd, 2017, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Also keep in mind that the Ctrl and - does not collapse the entire hierarchy, which to me means that groups should also be collapsed. If you use the option to "Group Similar Kinds of Topics" it will not collapse the groups. I've posted details and screenshots about this in the following thread:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ollapse&page=3

The fact that groups are expanded, creating a large list I have to scroll through, which is not not easily collapsed is one of those annoyances I've learned to live with. It bugs me, but doesn't significantly impact my use of the program and there are many other things I would rather they focus development on.

Control plus = has never been particularly useful to me either. If I can't collapse everything, it would at least be nice to be able to jump to the currently active topic after I've scrolled through hundreds of items. If you have "group by similar kinds of topics" selected, Ctrl = does nothing.

The hierarchy has always referred to the Containment hierarchy in all LWD uses of the term that I know of. Groupings of Topics has always been a separate thing. A command to "Collapse Hierarchy" that did more than that would be flawed in my view... just as a command to "Collapse Topics" that also collapsed the hierarchy would be flawed.

I agree you appear to be in the minority as using both Grouping and Show Hierarchy at once.. but I think you are also in the minority for expecting one command to affect both.
Silveras is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 23rd, 2017, 06:04 AM
EDIT: Mis-read. Disregard.

Last edited by Silveras; March 23rd, 2017 at 07:38 AM.
Silveras is offline   #8 Reply With Quote