Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

storeyl

Old December 27th, 2014, 06:21 AM
So I'm looking at my 'home page' that I've set up and can't but help get annoyed.

I'm trying to put in a good chunk of info, summary of recent events and links to important topics so that it makes a good starting page for players to view the realm and keep up with events. There are a good number of 'important characters' or 'Important places'. Then some plot/story/descriptive info in other sections.

The problem is the sheer an amount of wasted screen space. Wide screen monitors are not uncommon nowadays, so things like a 1 column list of names can leave huge amounts of space on the horizontal whilst forcing me to scroll vertically.

Even blurby sections that can take up a wide screen don't look awfully well laid out when I'm seeing 1.5 very long lines of text between each snippet or section. Putting 2 sections side by side would often feel better - e.g. My 'important plot elements' and 'Rumuors' sections could both take up 50% of the screen width and be laid out more like a newspaper 2 column layout. In fact a newspaper style of home page, column layouts flowing around images etc would be awesome (maybe that is more for the web page view when it arrives).

Can we have some form of layout control, so that I could say have 2 sections in 2 columns rather than 2 rows. Or at the very least set up lists to be multi column.

This would have to be account specific - What makes a good layout for me might not make a good layout for my players. Equally it may need to be easily editable on the fly (viewing on different devices). Maybe the category definition can provide a list of different layouts that have been defined and you can simply switch between them via a drop down.
storeyl is offline   #1 Reply With Quote