Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 12th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
I would try the manual registration but since you can't recreate the issue on your end, I want to leave my copy of HL in its current state in case you need to run some troubleshooting with me.
It's *very* unlikely that something to do with your copy of Hero Lab is somehow causing this - please try the manual license activation and see if it works? Based on the number of people posting in this thread, there will be plenty of test subjects left if it turns out to work for you.
Colen is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
noobzor

Old February 12th, 2015, 08:55 PM
I was able to access all 4 of those websites, but was still having activation issues. But, the manual activation worked just fine.
noobzor is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old February 12th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
As far as we can tell, everything on our end is working fine, so I honestly don't know if activating a product license manually will work for you. Give it a try and see if it works?

For anyone else that wants to try, you can activate your license manually by following the procedure here:

http://www.lonewolfdevel.com/user/manual.asp

Make sure to put the downloaded keyfile in your c:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\ folder.
Manual activation did indeed work.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old February 12th, 2015, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
It's *very* unlikely that something to do with your copy of Hero Lab is somehow causing this - please try the manual license activation and see if it works? Based on the number of people posting in this thread, there will be plenty of test subjects left if it turns out to work for you.
Followed the instructions with the manual license activation. Obtained a download of hpkey.lic, but HL doesn't activate.

On a related note, the instructions indicate to place the hpkey.lic file in the folder where I installed HL, which is where I should have obtained the hpinfo.lic file. The hpinfo.lic file was found in C:\Users\Craig\Documents\Hero Lab, where the software is installed C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab. Copying the hpkey.lic file to either location does not active HL when it's started.

<Update> I was able to successfully active HL by treating it as a "1st time" activation. Not sure if I missed that in the manual licensing instructions, just don't remember reading that step in the instructions I read.

Last edited by Krothos; February 12th, 2015 at 09:03 PM.
Krothos is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 12th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Thanks for your help, everyone - glad that manual license activation worked for you. We're restarting some servers now in case that fixes things, so they'll be unavailable for a few minutes.
Colen is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Manalishi66

Old February 12th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Well, I gave auto update a chance again before manual activation, and it worked this time. I guess the servers had a hick-up? All good now!
Manalishi66 is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Manalishi66

Old February 12th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Not so fast.....It re-activated my license, but no it times out trying to find updates?
Manalishi66 is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 12th, 2015, 09:22 PM
Give it another try? We rebooted our servers, in case there was some wackiness going on that rebooting would fix, and they just came back up.

For anyone that was experiencing this problem earlier, please try activating your license again (the normal way, not via manual license activation) - do you still run into this problem?

Again, thanks for your patience, everyone.
Colen is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
noobzor

Old February 12th, 2015, 09:22 PM
@Manalishi66: You probably caught it right when the servers were restarting.

@Colen: I just tried again, and was able to reactivate the normal way on my laptop, where I could not before the server restart (I only did the manual activation on my main PC).

Last edited by noobzor; February 12th, 2015 at 09:25 PM.
noobzor is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Manalishi66

Old February 12th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Updates now working...all good!

Thanks all!
Manalishi66 is offline   #30 Reply With Quote