Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bodrin

Old September 21st, 2011, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umarian View Post
I picked up the PDF for the Pathfinder version of this book today. Currently working on the bestiary for the Carrion Crown AP, but thinking of starting this one after that. Was just wondering if anyone had already started entering them.
Not yet, but soon!
bodrin is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old September 22nd, 2011, 05:42 PM
I would love to hear an official response to this. In searching the internet for threads and topics on Hero Labs and Tome of Horrors... there are rumors that FGG (Frog God Games) are in discussions with each other for doing something with the Tome of Horrors.

Is this true... I would really like to see this happen.

I know Paizo uses the Tome of Horrors a lot in some of their products and not to mention with the creatures in the ToH there would be much less need for a lot of needless entries by individuals.

Making this a purchasable add-on would make it that much better for Lone Wolf too!

Just my own opinion.

Hopefully this can happen!!
Nikmal is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old September 24th, 2011, 07:07 AM
On the Paizo forums, there was mention that there was at least contact between LoneWolf and FrogGod .. so that answers my original question, I guess, about whether they were even talking.

I would like to see an official version.. but I also recognize that the manpower required may be more than either company can muster. That would mean it may be a long time in coming.
Silveras is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old September 24th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
I would like to see an official version.. but I also recognize that the manpower required may be more than either company can muster. That would mean it may be a long time in coming.
Yeah this..

This would be a big undertaken not sure if they can do it because of the time it would take.
Dragnmoon is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old September 24th, 2011, 10:25 AM
If Lone Wolf can't do it because of a time issue or manpower. What I would love to see is Lone Wolf farm it out to a third party contractor where the code could be released to that person under an NDA and then that person or persons can input the ToHC and release it to us under Lone Wolf's and FGG's names
Nikmal is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old September 25th, 2011, 08:47 AM
No NDA required.. or even any negotiations for rights, as someone else mentioned previously. The content is open; anyone can create the data files.

What is NOT open is mentioning FGG or the Tome of Horrors or LoneWolf, or any trademarks or other Intellectual Property and the Section 15 entries required would be massive as ToH lists each monster separately to give credit.

Getting the files prepared is the easy part (in some ways) as the community could do that. Getting them recognized and approved as "official" is more of an issue, I think. Neither FrogGod nor LoneWolf would want to put their name on something as "official" without reviewing it first.. and that could take as long as entering the creatures themselves.

Last edited by Silveras; September 25th, 2011 at 08:47 AM. Reason: omitted word
Silveras is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Aku

Old October 2nd, 2011, 11:53 AM
Well, I would make lots of initial mistakes I am sure, but if community assistance on this is needed, I would be willing to work on it for two reasons.
First and foremost, I want it done so I can use it.
Secondly, it would be a good learning experience for working with the editor.

So, PM me if there is a need.
And sign me up if it comes on the market!
Aku is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old October 2nd, 2011, 01:07 PM
Nothing official has been announced yet, but Bill Webb Had this to say on the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Webb
We are discussing a potential deal with HeroLab for the PFRPG for Tome of Horrors. News on that soon!
Dragnmoon is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Aku

Old October 2nd, 2011, 04:21 PM
Dragnmoon, thanks for the link and for the info! That is indeed promising.
Aku is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
FCWesel

Old November 10th, 2011, 07:45 AM
I would LOVE for this to happen, and would happily plop down some more money for it.
FCWesel is offline   #30 Reply With Quote