Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Korpah

Old August 10th, 2017, 09:13 AM
So i'm looking for this "

Spring-Loaded (2 DP): The weapon’s wielder can activate or suspend its reach as a swift action. This quality can be added only to one-handed or two-handed melee weapons with the reach special feature.

Link to the D20 page: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/we...ng-New-Weapons

I thought this was in package Pathfinder RPG Player Companion #28 (adventure's armory 2)

so i went and got it, but it seems the spring-loaded feature isn't in this content.

can anyone help me out with this?
is it in the package Pathfinder RPG Adventurer's Armory ?

or is it in the package that i got but it doesn't work without the above package?
Korpah is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old August 10th, 2017, 11:05 AM
I think you need Pathfinder RPG Player Companion #21 as this info seems to come from the Weapon Master's Handbook, someone correct me if I'm wrong?
ErinRigh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Korpah

Old August 10th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
I think you need Pathfinder RPG Player Companion #21 as this info seems to come from the Weapon Master's Handbook, someone correct me if I'm wrong?
Thanks for your reply, I can correct you, as that was the first package i got (and turned it on in herolabs)

but its not in there

so now i want to be sure before i spend more $
Korpah is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 10th, 2017, 12:28 PM
To use the Weapon Design rules from Weapon Master's Handbook, you'll need to design the weapon yourself, outside Hero Lab, and then use the editor to build it as a new weapon.

Otherwise, if you wanted to fight with paired weapons you'd have to go through the full build procedure twice. And then you'd need to repeat the procedure again when you bought your fancy new masterwork version of that weapon after an adventure or two gives you enough money to afford a better version. By entering it as a new weapon with the editor, it becomes a fixed thing that's available for use like any other weapon.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Korpah

Old August 10th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
To use the Weapon Design rules from Weapon Master's Handbook, you'll need to design the weapon yourself, outside Hero Lab, and then use the editor to build it as a new weapon.

Otherwise, if you wanted to fight with paired weapons you'd have to go through the full build procedure twice. And then you'd need to repeat the procedure again when you bought your fancy new masterwork version of that weapon after an adventure or two gives you enough money to afford a better version. By entering it as a new weapon with the editor, it becomes a fixed thing that's available for use like any other weapon.
But if i would add a custom / magic weapon
select the weapon special abilities, the Spring-loaded should be in here right?

As that is what i'm missing, or doesn't herolab support that and i should add it using the editor?
Korpah is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 10th, 2017, 02:49 PM
You can't just add Spring-Loaded to any existing weapon. That's not how the weapon design system you've linked to works. What you linked to is a system for how to create new weapons for the Pathfinder game that are mostly balanced in terms of their cost and accessibility when compared to the existing weapons in the game, but the GM would still need to approve anything created with that system.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Korpah

Old August 10th, 2017, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
You can't just add Spring-Loaded to any existing weapon. That's not how the weapon design system you've linked to works. What you linked to is a system for how to create new weapons for the Pathfinder game that are mostly balanced in terms of their cost and accessibility when compared to the existing weapons in the game, but the GM would still need to approve anything created with that system.
Oke then i misinterpreted what was possible using the create custom weapon through the weapon tab,

as there i can select equipment modifications and item powers,
i was under the impression the weapon qualities would be selectable here as well so that the text from those weapon qualities would show on the weapon itself.

In the editor i do not see a special field to add these weapon qualities. so the best way would be to add it as text in this case for the Spring-Loaded weapon quality?
Korpah is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 12th, 2017, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpah View Post
Oke then i misinterpreted what was possible using the create custom weapon through the weapon tab,
The create custom weapon option is for creating masterwork/magical items as per the rules in the core rulebook.
Farling is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Korpah

Old August 12th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
The create custom weapon option is for creating masterwork/magical items as per the rules in the core rulebook.
I understand that now seems that i misinterpreted that

glad that it isn't hard to implement from the editor!
Korpah is offline   #9 Reply With Quote