Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Closed Thread

Hollis
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 17th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Version 2.0 of the 5th Edition SRD files for Hero Lab is now available! This release adds new material from Midgard Heroes, Southland Heroes, and Unlikely heroes from Kobold Press. New races and backgrounds abound here, giving rise to new heroes.

For anyone looking to pick up our new data packages, you can find them here:

5e Kobold Press heroes Bundle
5e Midgard Heroes
5e Southlands Heroes
5e Unlikely Heroes

New releases
  • Explore new races, backgrounds and more from Kobold Press, in our first three 5E supplements:
    • Become one of the Midgard Heroes - you can be Centaurs, Gearforged, Kobolds, and more!
    • Tread the desert sands of the Southlands Heroes with Werelions, Lizardfolk, and others!
    • Or play a Derro, Lamia, Sahuagin, or other unusual character with Unlikely Heroes!
    Buy all three together for $9.99, or separately for $3.99 each, on our online purchase site!

Enhancements & Changes
  • Custom monsters can now be swarms. To make a custom monster a swarm, just set the size of the individual member of the swarm.
  • Subraces can now modify the size of the character.

Bug Fixes
  • Races were still reporting that skill proficiencies needed to be slected when the Background Proficiency and Personality Trait Proficiency options were active.
  • The text for temporary hit points has been updated. Also, having more than one active temporary HP pool will now cause an error.
  • The factions table would sometimes be hidden on the backround tab.
  • Range values were hidden in the editor for magic weapons.
  • Height and weight from subraces weren't overwriting height and weight values for the base race.
  • Racial spells, item spells, and spell-like abilties weren't appearing correctly in the custom XML output.
  • Scimitars were missing the wGroup.Sword tag.
  • Custom abilites for custom monsters weren't displaying their description text on the printed character sheet.
  • Natural armor no longer stacks with worn armor.
  • Configurables with spells to print weren't appearing on the printed output.
  • The error message requireing Adventurer's League characters to use either the standard array or the point-buy attribute method had a typo.

Data File Authoring
  • Campaign settings can now be created in the editor - if any are present, the user can select a setting on the "Configure Hero" form. To create a campaign setting, choose "Overrides: Setting" when creating a Mechanics thing (this adds the Mechanics.Setting tag). As well as acting like any other mechanics pick, a campaign setting can do other setting-related things like rename things to be specific to a setting. For example, "perform state.thing[lCommon].amendthing[name,"Westish"]" will rename the Common language to Westish, if your setting has everyone knowing Westish instead of Common.
  • Custom XML output now includes elements for "racespells" (spell abilities added by the race), "itemspells" (spell abilities added by magic items), and "spelllike" (spell abilities added from other sources, like class abilities). See the updated custom output DTD for more details.
  • Changes have been made in the way swarms are handled. Now, to create a swarm creature, you assign it the type of the base creature, and add the size of the individual creature.
  • The DoubSave tag group has been added for saves. This allows a creature to add double its proficiency bonus to a saving throw.
  • The AbilModify tag group has been added. This tag group is intended for tags that modify the behavior of specific abilities and can be added to. For example, if a creature can hover while flying, then the AbilModify.Hover tag would be applied to its flight ability. This replaces the following tags currently in use:
    • Helper.Hover is replaced by AbilModify.Hover
    • Helper.BlindBeyo is replaced by AbilModify.BlindBeyo
    • Helper.TouchRange is replaced by AbilModify.TouchRange
    Note that the existing tags still work as intended. Their use is no longer reccomended however.
  • NOTE: Prevously, proficiencies with tools granted by races, backgrounds, etc. were handled by assigning ProfTool tags to the pick, which were then forwarded to the hero. This method is no longer supported. The new way of handling tool proficiencies is to bootstrap the tool from the pick with the Proficienc.Tool tag assigned on the bootstrap. Existing proficiencies will need to be converted over to the new method. Otherwise they won't show up on the printed character sheet or the specials tab in Hero Lab.
Hollis is offline   #1
daplunk

Old January 17th, 2017, 11:01 AM
Sweet jeez us new content!

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2
mazzy

Old January 17th, 2017, 02:02 PM
I'm totally down for the new content! Grabbing credit card right now....

... and bought!

Last edited by mazzy; January 17th, 2017 at 02:06 PM.
mazzy is offline   #3
HippyCraig

Old January 17th, 2017, 06:20 PM
When will they be adding Tome of Beasts!!!! I kickstarted it so I have it but it would be nice if it was in HL and I can create new races off those instead of custom monsters. PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

TAKE MY MONEY
HippyCraig is offline   #4
daplunk

Old January 17th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Tome of Beasts and Fifth Edition Foes.

I want them in Realm Works and HL and will absolutely pay for the privilege.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #5
MNBlockHead

Old January 17th, 2017, 10:13 PM
I also would jump at buying Tome of Beasts for Hero Labs. Big fan of the book Kobold Press did a great job. My only complaint is having to create those monsters in Hero Labs is making my prep time take a lot longer.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #6
Redjack

Old January 18th, 2017, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post

Ditto; +1.

RW Projects: Shadowrun, Earthdawn, 3x D&D5
Games: D&D5, SR5, Baker Street, Numenera, Alternity, Dresden Files, Earthdawn
Redjack is offline   #7
BigSkyRPG

Old January 18th, 2017, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post

I as well!
BigSkyRPG is offline   #8
Shifty-eyes

Old January 19th, 2017, 04:45 PM
I just installed the updates and…it looks like everything got fried!

I'd upload a few screenshots, but the forum controls look for URLs…HELP!
Shifty-eyes is offline   #9
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 20th, 2017, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty-eyes View Post
I just installed the updates and…it looks like everything got fried!

I'd upload a few screenshots, but the forum controls look for URLs…HELP!
If you're getting Hero Lab error messages, you should be able to right-click them, copy them to the clipboard, and paste them into a forum post.
Colen is offline   #10
Closed Thread