Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dark Lord Galen

Old August 26th, 2017, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Hope you had a good time at the con! Mine was mildly disappointing, but that's how it goes.
Yea it was good, though did more walking than I am accustom to. hehe.... hell to get old..

Good
Taking several of my players that had never been to a convention for gaming was the real reward for me. That and the combination of visiting with old friends in the industry I have known or corresponded with for years.Though would have certainly like to have added a few new names to that list like yourself.

Bad
Some of the seminars were terrible. Makes me wonder what the screening process was.
The worst of which was one I sat in just because it fit a window between two others in the same hotel so I decided what the heck....
It was a good idea for beginners that became a bad seminar compounded by the comments of an unqualified speaker.
Readers digest was "gaming improv" is not "acting improv". There are as many similarities as their are differences. Actors seldom act sole sitting at a table for hours and having to also create the "imaginary visuals" to go along with the persona they are projecting.
But the real (insert LOUD annoying buzzer noise here) was the speaker suggesting that you should "NEVER create a persona that is not your own or very similar ethnicity". REALLY?? When I questioned this for clarity, the speakers reasoning is "it would be considered offensive." REALLY??? Sorry I declared that was totally incorrect.
I have had many varied people across a broad multicultural background sit at my table and this has never been an issue... I can't even fathom telling my spanish player that he can no longer use his "sudo-japanese voice" for his samurai character as it is offensive simply because spanish people stereotype japanese ones to sound like saturday morning kungfu theater (don't we all as far as that goes)???? REALLYYYY???? OMG its a game, Entertainment...
*Rant over* lol.. anyway.....

Ugly
We might have to do a better job here in the community for communicating who is going to events and have a bit of face time together.
Just 2cp

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #19 Reply With Quote