Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

jfrazierjr

Old May 17th, 2017, 03:13 AM
Ok, I know it's possible in some way, but how exactly does one change the background image? Basically, I want to use the same pale tan colored background in use by Pathfinder and 5E for example. I see they have various background.bmp and mainwindow.bmp files in their data\5e directories for example, but copying those to the data\savage folder does nothing.

This is for the existing savage worlds dataset specifically, but in general it would be nice to know how to do.
jfrazierjr is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 17th, 2017, 08:29 AM
The pre-packaged savage worlds game is set up to use the default UI elements for Hero Lab. That's not something you could change. On a game where you have access to the authoring kit, you would change the filenames of the bitmaps referenced in system_resources.aug and change the isssytem="yes" setting on those elements.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jfrazierjr

Old May 22nd, 2017, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The pre-packaged savage worlds game is set up to use the default UI elements for Hero Lab. That's not something you could change. On a game where you have access to the authoring kit, you would change the filenames of the bitmaps referenced in system_resources.aug and change the isssytem="yes" setting on those elements.
Bummer... is there a top level object like "hero" or "actor" which exposes any application/system fields which can be edited via script? or does such an object just not exist?
jfrazierjr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote