Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

omen

Old June 13th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Have you ever considered creating any programs for the role-playing market? Character creation programs?
omen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 13th, 2006, 01:57 PM
We've been asked this question numerous times. Developing a solution for the RPG market is much more complex than what we've done for AB, since the UI needs to substantively change and adapt to each game system. That being said, it's something that we'd very much like to do, and it's something that is a distinct possibility in the future. We're always evaluating market opportunities, and an RPG tool could *POTENTIALLY* find its way onto our release plans later this year.

I know this is not a definite yes or no. But it's the best I can offer at the moment. I'd recommend checking back on this topic in a couple months, after we've had a chance to get the stuff that's currently on our plate finished up and can hopefully give you something more definite. :-)

-Rob

At 08:34 AM 6/13/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
Have you ever considered creating any programs for the role-playing market? Character creation programs?
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
wildoxmoan

Old June 13th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the quick response Rob! Your ambiguity leaves me feeling pretty optimistic!
I have a second question regarding Chapter Approved material. Do you encorporate it in your program? I have a Tau Empire army and most of my troop choices are Human auxiliaries (Gue'vesa). Any chance they may be added?
Thanks again!
wildoxmoan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
wildoxmoan

Old June 13th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Oh btw, I lost my password and had to re-join...omen = wildoxmoan! :roll:
wildoxmoan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 13th, 2006, 08:51 PM
The question about CA material needs to be addressed to the authors of the 40K data files. They have their own forum here, plus they have their own website in support of the 40K data files. You'll find the contact info within the FAQ included within AB when the 40K files are loaded (under the Help menu).

-Rob

At 05:46 PM 6/13/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response Rob! Your ambiguity leaves me feeling pretty optimistic! [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
I have a second question regarding Chapter Approved material. Do you encorporate it in your program? I have a Tau Empire army and most of my troop choices are Human auxiliaries (Gue'vesa). Any chance they may be added?
Thanks again!
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote