Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dgarsys

Send a message via AIM to dgarsys

Old January 7th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by egg_green View Post
Just a quick "Me too!" on this issue. I have also seen this, and have tried to reproduce it, but have thus far been unable to do so.
Yup - tooltips block button clicks here as well. Since you're likely layering the tooltips as objects over the window and the button, the OS is likely trapping clicks to them. I'm not sure how to best allow the clicks to pass through since I don't know how you have it set up.
dgarsys is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
dgarsys

Send a message via AIM to dgarsys

Old January 7th, 2012, 08:06 AM
New oddness.

Started HL. Got to the "updates are available" page, and looked at the list of updates. Started to import the new Pathfinder update.

Did a command-tab to switch back to Safari (this forum, actually) and the list of updates stayed over my screen as the top object and blocked everything else.

After that, nothing in HL was responsive and I force-Quit. Restarting HL, it looks like the file import did finish.

Perhaps there was a "we're finished" dialog box that got buried behind the updates list when I switched back, and since I couldn't move the updates list, I couldn't acknowledge it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Switched to safari adn window stayed _top_.jpg (205.5 KB, 5 views)
dgarsys is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 7th, 2012, 10:08 AM
The Mac beta is now open to ALL existing users of Hero Lab! You can apply for the beta here: http://wolflair.com/hero_lab_mac_beta.php
Colen is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
DarthBeaver

Old January 7th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgarsys View Post
New oddness.

Started HL. Got to the "updates are available" page, and looked at the list of updates. Started to import the new Pathfinder update.

Did a command-tab to switch back to Safari (this forum, actually) and the list of updates stayed over my screen as the top object and blocked everything else.

After that, nothing in HL was responsive and I force-Quit. Restarting HL, it looks like the file import did finish.

Perhaps there was a "we're finished" dialog box that got buried behind the updates list when I switched back, and since I couldn't move the updates list, I couldn't acknowledge it?

Did the exact same thing to me last night... Took a lot of command-tabbing around to get the all done dialog back
DarthBeaver is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old January 7th, 2012, 12:21 PM
I've got the new 3.9a update installed, along with Pathfinder 6.11 and I'm messing around with it. So far, everything seems stable enough, but d20Pro export files are still exporting with the ".*" as part of their filename.
TehBagder is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
quixoticparadigm

Old January 7th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
The Mac beta is now open to ALL existing users of Hero Lab! You can apply for the beta here: http://wolflair.com/hero_lab_mac_beta.php
Oh happy day!

PS. Crap, I just realized it doesn't work on 10.5. Foiled again!!

Last edited by quixoticparadigm; January 7th, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
quixoticparadigm is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
egg_green

Old January 8th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgarsys View Post
New oddness.

I was able to use Exposé to see all the open windows for the application, and it looks like the "import is underway" window is showing up, it's just that the Z-ordering is wrong. I'm not sure if you could use exposé to switch back to the dialog in order to close it, but that might be an option next time.
egg_green is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old January 8th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by egg_green View Post
I was able to use Exposé to see all the open windows for the application, and it looks like the "import is underway" window is showing up, it's just that the Z-ordering is wrong. I'm not sure if you could use exposé to switch back to the dialog in order to close it, but that might be an option next time.
I'll confirm this. It looks like the program is hanging until you use Expose to flip between screens and can see that the dialog is hidden by the app and other windows.
TehBagder is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old January 8th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Same sort of thing with me. While I was able to load HL and run it fine, the dark blue updates screen never would go away. It just hung on the screen until it was moved under other screens. It did close when i shut down HL though.

Also noticed a slight issue, when you mouse over a button in HL a text appears to tell you what it is. But the text blocks you from being able to click on the button and perform the command.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
sak0232

Old January 8th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Can you describe what you mean by "can't open the editor"? Do you get an error message? What happens when you select the "Launch Editor" menu item?

Does the problem still happen if you quit and restart Hero Lab?

Try loading another game system - can you open the editor in that game?
Nothing happens when I choose Launch Editor.
Same when I restart.
This happens under Pathfinder and under M&M3.
I originally was able to do so, but after fooling around with my own .user files, it stopped opening. I'm not sure what caused the malfunction...
sak0232 is offline   #70 Reply With Quote