Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 22nd, 2011, 09:35 AM
It occured to me that it was becoming unreasonable to create duplicate spells for each class that shared a spell. So I tried putting multiple sClass tags on one spell rather than make a duplicate, a viola, it worked across multiple classes just fine without having to make a duplicate. My question it this, am I possibly missing something that may go haywire at a later date, or it this a better option than just creating duplicated spells for each class?

About the only thing that would be a problem is the Source of the spell, but that is editable. Not to mention I would just change all the spell sources to something standard if I wanted, like Spell.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; November 22nd, 2011 at 09:37 AM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 23rd, 2011, 05:54 PM
Well, there are two problems, but completely fixable. As I mentioned above, sourcing is a pain, but I can just classify all spells as "Spell" sourced. That leaves level difference, some classes have a spell at a different level. So, I may have to duplicate them. I could assign to sLevel, but it's far easier to duplicate in this case.

The one other thing I have to duplicate is spell-like abilities (I created them with the spell mechanic, works great, but requires a Racial source tag). This is because I have a bit of script that designates whether the ability is "at will" or number of times per day.

So, this definitely works. Whether I employ this method or not is still up in the air, as I feel it's alot of work that could "break" on me later. And I'd hate to have done all the work for nothing. But it is doable.
Kendall-DM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote