Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
AntaresCD
Volunteer Data File Author

Old February 2nd, 2016, 10:55 AM
I noticed an interesting problem when you load a saved roster under the following conditions:

-There is an upgrade that assigns a tag to a unit and allows a new upgrade type to be taken (and at a lower cost - identified by the tag being present).
-In implementation and execution it works for a user; the new upgrades are available and showed at a reduced cost.
-Save the roster for later use.
-When you then subsequently load said saved roster, all the items are there correctly, but the cost of the new upgrade is at the base cost and not the reduced cost.

I assume this is a process priority/ordering issue in regards to scripts and tags and whatnot, so I'm wondering what I can do to fix this. There is an obvious workaround (delete the upgrade and reselect it), but if possible, I'd like to figure out how to preserve the cost calculation on load.

If you want to reproduce/debug this, load the X-Wing datafiles, make an Imperial squadron, add any TIE Advanced to your squadron, select the TIE/x1 title upgrade, and add any of the newly available system upgrades. You'll see the cost of every upgrade of that type is 0 or 1 (as it should be). Save the roster then load it. The cost of the upgrade will now be show at its base cost.

Any thoughts? It's not any kind of pressing issue, but it is annoying for a user to have to reselect the upgrade on a list when they load with a roster with this scenario present to have points correctly reflected.

~A

My code doesn't have bugs; it has undocumented features!
AntaresCD is offline   #1 Reply With Quote