Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 15th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Yes, it's the moment you've all been waiting for - Ultimate Power is here! And with it, version 2.3 of Hero Lab. A detailed list of changes will be available within the product and elsewhere, but here are the two big things we changed:

1. Ultimate Power and Mastermind's Manual support is now available!

If you download and install the new version of Hero Lab right now, you'll see a list of new settings on the rules form. These are all the exciting options you'd have available to you, if only you'd purchase the Ultimate Power & Mastermind's Manual expansion!

If you already own Hero Lab, you can purchase the expansion by choosing "Purchase Data Package..." from the License menu within Hero Lab, or by going to this web site:

http://www.lonewolfdevel.com/user/addons.asp

If you don't own Hero Lab yet, what are you waiting for! You can buy it at your friendly local game store, or online here:

http://wolflair.com/index.php?contex...e=buy_hero_lab

Once you purchase Ultimate Power and reactivate your license, the Ultimate Power ruleset will be enabled by default, and you can pick and choose which Mastermind's Manual options to use.

The Ultimate Power & Mastermind's Manual Supplement for Hero Lab costs US$19.99, and requires you to own Hero Lab for Mutants & Masterminds.

2. Game systems are now separate from the product

Yes, the old Hero Lab download was getting a bit big - 44mb for the last version, so we slimmed it down a lot. Those of you on dial-up will be happy to hear that it's now a svelte 5mb, with the Mutants & Mastermind's game system clocking in at a further 5mb. That's a saving of almost 35mb! (Sorry, no refunds.)

When you start Hero Lab 2.3, the "Select Game System" form will require you to update any games before you use them. Files can be automatically downloaded from within Hero Lab, or from the Hero Lab download page on our web site.

This feature doesn't just save your time and bandwidth - it means that I no longer have to wait for new releases of Hero Lab to update the M&M data files. So bugs should hopefully be fixed faster, with notification integrated into Hero Lab to tell you when updates are ready!

Those are two big changes of this release. As usual we've also included a bunch of smaller changes, including bug fixes and new features. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems about the new version of Hero Lab - happy gaming!
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 16th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Paid for and downloaded. Awesome Colen.
FifthWanderer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Shadavar

Old October 16th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Weeeee-HAAAAAAA!!!!

Downloading and purchasing now. Thanks guys
Shadavar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sydereal

Old October 16th, 2008, 11:17 AM
20 Bucks well spent. Browsing now, and I gotta say: So... ...shiiiiny.
Sydereal is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Invincible01

Old October 16th, 2008, 01:09 PM
HoooooowaaaaaaaaH!!!

Bought, downloaded, imported and getting ready to run this beauty.

Thanks!!!
Invincible01 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
LinusMundane

Old October 17th, 2008, 10:56 AM
as my buddy and I both agree, we were in the dark ages before all this and we didn't even know it. The new release is amazing. Thank you so much for putting so much effort into all this. If I could afford it I would send you all boat loads of money just for the time saved by this. I dunno if it is just me but when i look at the books i have a harder time putting together characters that flow well, with HL, I sit down and the ideas just come to me.

Thanks so much to the whole HL team.
LinusMundane is offline   #6 Reply With Quote