Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

BigNateD

Old October 21st, 2021, 10:39 AM
Hello! Thank you all in advance.

So me and my friends have been using HLO for pathfinder 1e. One of my friends has been GMing the whole time, but now he's back in school and doesn't have time to set up games anymore. So instead I decided to step up and start GMing Reign of Winter.

Problem is, my friend who has been GMing up to thing point has all of the content already bought and I was hoping just to use it.

Is there a way for him to set up the game, and then swap GM status to me? I simply want to be able to look at my PCs info, and add/remove them from the stage if need be. I only have an apprentice subscription at this point, but was thinking maybe it would be possible if I bought a standard subscription?

TL/DR: Can my GM give me GM status, or allow me access to the PCs info?
BigNateD is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 22nd, 2021, 12:12 AM
@Devs - this should be in the HLO forums, not Classic Pathfinder.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old October 22nd, 2021, 12:49 PM
I don't know for certain, but I see no way in my game to promote a player, even with a regular account, to GM.
mototom is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 28th, 2021, 07:02 AM
Hi BigNateD,

At this point in time, transfer of control/ownership of a Campaign or the GM role within it is not yet possible. We do have the concept in mind for future implementation already and the team has spent some time looking at how this might be done from a technical standpoint but right now that's not something that's ready for the main stage, as it were.

For the moment your best bet would be to have each of the players and he existing GM create copies of their characters that are saved outside of the Campaign as it exists now, you to create a new Campaign, and then invite all of the participants to it using the Invite Code you generate from it. As soon as you have them in the game they should be able to use the controls within the PCs and Players Tab > My PCs Table to import the various PCs.

It's not exactly a quick or elegant workaround, but it can help save time in rebuilding them all from scratch within a new Campaign that you make at the very least until we are able to get the tools and improvements in place that can make transfer of the GM role possible.

I hope this helps, thanks!
Ryan F is offline   #4 Reply With Quote