Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Necros99

Old April 26th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Our house rules allow for a) characters progressing beyond level 20 and b) spell slot tables showing ability to cast level 10-17 spells (metamagic enhanced spells).

My question(s):

1) How do I modify the Spell Cast Per Level array to be 40 rows x 18 columns?
2) How do I modify the Spells Known Per Level to be 40 rows x 10 columns?
Necros99 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old April 26th, 2014, 12:18 PM
I'm relatively sure it's hard coded in the system.
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 26th, 2014, 12:38 PM
I am with Andrew as far as I know its hardcoded and can't change. HL does not handle over 20 in a single class at all actually. You either need to use Mythic rules or multiclass into a different class to go beyond level 20.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old April 26th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Not only does Hero Lab not support over 20 levels in a single class but Pathfinder in general doesn't.
AndrewD2 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Necros99

Old April 27th, 2014, 05:41 AM
Fair enough (on lvl 20 max per class). I can work around that. What about increasing spell levels past level 9? Any way to a) increase the spell table arrays past 10 columns or track spell use for "meta" spells over lvl 9 memorized?
Necros99 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 27th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
Not only does Hero Lab not support over 20 levels in a single class but Pathfinder in general doesn't.
Not completely true. The rules for characters over 20th were sketched out in the core Rulebook, including spell slot acquisition for higher than 9th level spells. These things were just not implemented in hero lab. Hero Lab has the rules for experience points past 20th level (up to 40th level) but the paragraphs following it in the Rulebook have not been implemented to support the "Epic" levels.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 27th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necros99 View Post
Fair enough (on lvl 20 max per class). I can work around that. What about increasing spell levels past level 9? Any way to a) increase the spell table arrays past 10 columns or track spell use for "meta" spells over lvl 9 memorized?
Same exact issue.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 27th, 2014, 12:14 PM
The spells/day are coded in a table on the class helpers for the respective classes that gain them. As it stands I do not believe that the size of a table or array can be altered via a script, that information is usually set at the time the table is created. Each spell table is already 10 columns wide, accounting for 0 level spells through 9th is 10. Without source code access even I would not be able to increase the table sizes.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old April 27th, 2014, 04:52 PM
A way to do it is to have a Prestige Class that requires level 20 in the previous class version. and gives more spells per spell level as desired.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old April 27th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necros99 View Post
One way to do that is to have the prestige class version have spells such that level 1 spells are really level 10 spells, or some similar idea.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #10 Reply With Quote