Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

dungeonguru

Old August 17th, 2019, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negima312 View Post
I was wondering how to make a custom or add a new player character race?
This question has been addressed a few times, and should probably get asked outside of the community file thread, do a thread search on the forum. The short of it is that you need to go to the tools menu and show editor, create a new file for your creations. 90% of a custom race is just plugging in entries into the fields of the editor. It's the weird 10% that might take some scripting.
dungeonguru is offline   #721 Reply With Quote
Pheno

Send a message via ICQ to Pheno Send a message via Yahoo to Pheno

Old August 17th, 2019, 04:22 PM
That did the trick, hitting Ctrl-K is what it took to bring up the options so I could select pack options. Thank you again for all the hard work coding and providing assistance. I love the gaming community, you guys rock!!!
Pheno is offline   #722 Reply With Quote
marikunin

Old September 2nd, 2019, 12:11 PM
Ok so I have a quick question: I want to add a custom Circle of the Land biome option (Oasis) aka adding new spells. I was wondering where the Circle of the Land is in the Editor because for the life of me I can't find it...
marikunin is offline   #723 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 2nd, 2019, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marikunin View Post
Ok so I have a quick question: I want to add a custom Circle of the Land biome option (Oasis) aka adding new spells. I was wondering where the Circle of the Land is in the Editor because for the life of me I can't find it...
That class option is baked in from LWD in the SRD so it's not directly or easily modified or extended. What I would suggest is doing a New (Copy) on the Custom Ability tab and make your own copy of the Circle of Land and give it a name like "Circle of Land (Oasis)" . That would copy 90% of what you need and then you just need to replace the Circle Spells bootstrap to only hold your new biome spells.
dungeonguru is offline   #724 Reply With Quote
marikunin

Old September 4th, 2019, 11:43 AM
Ok but would it then be a new bootstrap for each spell? The other thing I want to add is a custom Paladin Oath but I'm still learning Hero Lab...
marikunin is offline   #725 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 4th, 2019, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marikunin View Post
Ok but would it then be a new bootstrap for each spell? The other thing I want to add is a custom Paladin Oath but I'm still learning Hero Lab...
Well, no/yes, when you copy the subclass you'll see all the things bootstrapped to it on your copy. One of those bootstraps will be Circle Spells (cDrdCirSpe). Knowing that you can now move over to the Class Special tab and make of copy of Circle Spells. You'll see where the original bootstraps at least 64 spells and puts a condition on each of the bootstraps that looks for an index (this being the index on the dropdown list). You can simplify your copy of Circle Spells and bootstrap only those you want without conditions and remove the dropdown array (easiest) or insert your new circle into the array and bootstrap your new spells and go through all the spells and make sure they use the right index on their condition (hard and hint: the array index starts at 0, not 1).

So at this point after saving and testing you'd replace cDrdCirSpe on your copy of the new druid subclass with the new Circle Spells you just created/copied and it should be ready to go.

So, a bit of juggling and a tough subclass to crack.

Creating a new Paladin Oath is a lot easier. You can copy any existing oath and see how it bootstraps oath spells I'm not aware of any of the Oaths that change out spells like the Circle of Land does for the druid so they are usually a flat subclass that just bootstrap the spells and the other specials.
dungeonguru is offline   #726 Reply With Quote
MardukBathory

Old September 5th, 2019, 04:42 AM
Why was there never a 'Modern Magic' update, even though it was one of the earliest UAs from 5e?

I'm sure there was a good reason, I just can't find any mention.
MardukBathory is offline   #727 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 5th, 2019, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MardukBathory View Post
Why was there never a 'Modern Magic' update, even though it was one of the earliest UAs from 5e?

I'm sure there was a good reason, I just can't find any mention.
The community authors create new items based on requests outside of the main WotC published line based on tickets/requests they see on github or if they have a personal reason and permission to share some published work. I would assume nobody ever made a formal request and the few authors don't use any of the modern rules. Not every UA article has made the cut, and many of the most recent haven't been looked at or started.
dungeonguru is offline   #728 Reply With Quote
MardukBathory

Old September 6th, 2019, 07:41 AM
I know I'm showing my ignorance, but how do I go about making a formal request? I am signed up to githup, but beyond that everything on there is well beyond me.
MardukBathory is offline   #729 Reply With Quote
marikunin

Old September 6th, 2019, 09:28 AM
Ok so like an idiot I accidentally deleted the default update source for HeroLab does anyone have it?
marikunin is offline   #730 Reply With Quote