Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

nlmacdonald

Old October 17th, 2018, 04:32 PM
I have a couple of questions.

First, has the LWD team or perhaps the community developed a development dictionary for tags or fields? Something, that describes the function and maybe provides some useful example.

I want to implement a magic item that will provide a feat to the user when equipped. In looking over the options on the GUI I don't anything that directly assigns a feat. So, I would need to develop an Eval Script.

I've found some scripting that maybe useful, but the it doesn't produce the effect that I was hoping for.

~ exit if the item is not equiped )
doneif (field[gIsEquip].value = 0)
~ Assign the improved initiative feat to the hero
perform hero.assign[Ability.fImpInit]

Is the problem here that assign only adds tags to an object or would it also assign a pick to an object like a hero?
nlmacdonald is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 17th, 2018, 06:33 PM
You can't add a Thing from a script. In this case you need to bootstrap and add a bootstrap condition.

Because each game system is custom created no list of every field and tag exists.

I would recommend reading the Glossary of Terms for the Editor. Then check out FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor including YouTube videos. Welcome to the wonderful world of using the HL editor which will be the most frustrating and rewarding thing you can do with Hero Lab.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old October 19th, 2018, 01:28 AM
This link will help in that practice: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21688

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
nlmacdonald

Old October 30th, 2018, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the help.
I have some unrelated questions. These are related to the Pathfinder editor

1) I'm working on a class that using Fighter Weapon Training. This class has these as a Secondary Ability. I've need to copy and recreate the abilities to link them to the secondary ability. I'm not getting a proper bonus to hit, damage, etc. There is a procedure called cFtrWepSum that is called by the secondary abilities from eval scripts. The code for the ability is below. I get what it does, but don't know how it is calculating the value of abValue. The secondary ability doesn't have a value in abValue on the GUI, nor does the fighter class have an eval script that calculate the value of abValue by counting number of weapon trainings selected. How is this value calculated?

~ this is the code for cFtrWepSum
field[sbName].text = lowercase(field[shortname].text) & " " & signed(field[abValue].value)
field[shortname].text &= " " & signed(field[abValue].value)
field[livename].text &= " " & signed(field[abValue].value)
field[abSumm].text = signed(field[abValue].value) & " Attack, Damage, CMB, CMD with " & field[summary].text

2) I'm adding Domains to the same class. Domains are created on the Domain tab. There is a way to boot strap the domain to archetypes on this tab, but not to a class. Nor is there way to assign the Domain to ability (primary, secondary, tertiary, etc.. ). How is this achieved?

3) I've found some good documents on constants used for the pathfinder editor but its not complete. Is there a search mechanism in the GUI. For example, if I wanted to create a custom expression using Energy Type, where do I find the constant for acid (EnergyType.Acid??)?
UPDATE: I found the Develop > Floating Windows Info > Show Selection Tags, Show Selection Tags, etc..
Does this sources provide all Tag, Fields, etc.. used within the editor or just the Hero container?

4) I wanted to create a class that has spell casting like the 1st edition Ranger. The ranger could pray for Druid spells and had a spellbook for Magic-User spells. The GUI has a section for secondary spells, but this really only accommodates bonus spells from domains or schools. Is there a way through scripting to add an array of spell casting to a class, spells known array, spell type (arcane divine), how the spell is memories (book or prayer like a cleric). And in scripting this, is there a way to link a distinct spell list to option a and distinct list to option b?

5) Related to (4). Is there a way to add spell casting to a pick? Let's say I wanted to create an Intelligent sword that could memories spells like a wizard. Is this possible?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by nlmacdonald; October 30th, 2018 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Discovered some information related to question
nlmacdonald is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
nlmacdonald

Old October 30th, 2018, 09:26 AM
One last question. Has anyone developed a debugging script that could be used to output for an object ( hero, pick, etc ) all of the names of containers / properties, and values of those container / properties to the debug window.

Thanks
nlmacdonald is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
nlmacdonald

Old October 30th, 2018, 09:45 AM
Sorry, one more "last question." Is there a place within the editor that I can look at the code for common macros? And I'm not talking about how to call a macro like #macroname[]. I want to see the coding inside the macro.

Thanks
nlmacdonald is offline   #6 Reply With Quote