Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Exmortis

Old April 29th, 2015, 11:30 AM
OK this is a convoluted request, so I will try my best.

With my custom realm work, races have class exclusions, or maybe a better way to say that is, each race has a "playable class" list.

I do not want ot rebuild every class in HL, ok well I won't even try, so can I exclude classes? or code in a valid class list? I have checked everything I can find to see if this is doable, and I can't seem to figure out if it can be done or not.

So a question to the masters.

If not no biggie, playable classes is listed in the race description, which will be fine.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 29th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Avoiding altering the classes I see 2 ways you could go. Neither is ideal.

1 - If you're already copy/replacing races, then I would put a pre-req of no levels in the forbidden classes on the race.

2 - Add a mechanic which has an eval rule which has "if race X then, if class 1 then not valid" type of script.

In either case, the drawback is that the warning won't be displayed when choosing classes, it will only tell the user they have done something wrong after they added the incompatible class.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old April 30th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Avoiding altering the classes I see 2 ways you could go. Neither is ideal.

1 - If you're already copy/replacing races, then I would put a pre-req of no levels in the forbidden classes on the race.

2 - Add a mechanic which has an eval rule which has "if race X then, if class 1 then not valid" type of script.

In either case, the drawback is that the warning won't be displayed when choosing classes, it will only tell the user they have done something wrong after they added the incompatible class.
Thanks Aaron, those are not bad ideas to at least warn the player they have made a mistake. Food for thought.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote