Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

ahoapap

Old November 8th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Are there any plans to implement HoE as a package?

Or does someone have the data file all created that I could snipe?
ahoapap is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old November 13th, 2012, 05:46 AM
if the file has been created, it is by a fan, and they haven't posted that they have created something.
tatteredking is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 13th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Since it's a Pinnacle product, it could even be distributed through the auto-update system...
CapedCrusader is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Warunsun

Old November 21st, 2012, 06:23 PM
I am definitely interested in HOE. Thanks.
Warunsun is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 30th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I'm working on it, so maybe I can get it done for next week.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Warunsun

Old December 28th, 2012, 04:39 PM
I wanted to thank Lenny and everyone else that worked on getting Hell On Earth implemented so fast. Kudos!
PS: Buying a machine gun pistol crashed HeroLab.exe.

Last edited by Warunsun; December 28th, 2012 at 04:55 PM.
Warunsun is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 28th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Do you mean the Tokarev Machine Pistol? I just added it to a character right now without issue, if so. So I don't think it's something in the data file. I definitely would like to hear about any issues folks run into, though, so even though I may not be able to do anything about this particular problem I'm more than happy to fix anything else anyone finds. (I keep finding more stuff myself, not the least of which is the annoying habit of gear and weapons not sorting themselves out nicely which I intend to try and figure out how to fix.)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
dstuffle

Old December 30th, 2012, 10:54 AM
I've run into a slight problem when I loaded this file.

If I don't include HoE stuff in the character --> Configure Hero setting, all of the standard (and my custom added) range weapons don't show up in the Armory --> "Add New Ranged Weapons" purchase window list.

With all settings unselected, and all of the Horror / Fantasy / Super Heros unselected, and Medieval / Black Powder / Modern / Futuristic Time Periods selected, it only shows Wheellock Pistol, Improv Weapon Small / Med / Large in the list.

The removal of the HoER.user & the HoER.1st files from the Hero Lab\data\savage directory restored the proper filling of the Armory --> "Add New Ranged Weapons" purchase window list.

Now, there's a lot of nice weapons in HoE setting, but I'd really like to have the standard weapons list be sort of populated when I don't want to use it.

As an aside, there's also no catagorizing of weapon type (Pistols, rifles, shotguns, heavy weapons, ect) to the HoE weapons list. That would be a nice addition.

Last edited by dstuffle; December 30th, 2012 at 11:20 AM.
dstuffle is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old December 30th, 2012, 01:26 PM
What zarlor has set up in the file is that he has a setting adjustment in the editor that has no standard gear, which is normal for some settings. What you need to do is open the file for HoE in the editor, once you have done that go to the tab that says setting adjustment and then click on Hell on Earth Reloaded item and then go down and unclick the no standard gear box, then save and test and then all your gear and thing should show up.
jbearwillis is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old December 30th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I see what the problem is now and I fixed it on my file. Here is how you fix it

1) Go into the editor - when you bring it up it will be at the blank window at that point you will need to click the file button at the top left corner and then click on open data file and a new window will open. Look for the HoE file and double click on it to open it.

2) At this point the HoE file should be open. Now look for the "Setting adjustment tab and click it.

3) Now there should be only one thing in that tab, in the left side of the screen, which should say "Hell on Earth Reloaded". Click that to bring all the information up.

4) Now at this point all the information should be showing. Now scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for the sources button "Edit" and push it to bring open that window.

5) Now the window with all the sources should be showing up. Close to the top of the list is the user content. Find the "Hell on Earth Reloaded" source and check the box and then hit "OK". Then save the file at the bottom left side of the screen and then hit test.

6) Now restart Savage Worlds and it should now show all your stuff and the normal things when HoE is unchecked in the configure hero window.

zarlor just forgot to check the source for the game file is all. Happens all the time and it's really an easy fix. I'm helping zarlor to give the categorizing of weapon type to the weapon section as I write this so it's on the way. So a big thanks on the great work zarlor did for this file and keep up the great work buddy.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU.

Last edited by jbearwillis; December 30th, 2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Added something I forgot.
jbearwillis is offline   #10 Reply With Quote