Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aaron

Old November 21st, 2014, 09:10 PM
Today's release is mostly to get the remaining Occult Adventures playtest classes out as well as a few more bugfixes. It also includes a new feature, equipment sets! Paizo's monthly book releases have been pushed back to the 24th, so we are planning another release early next week!

New Releases!
  • The remaining classes from the Occult Adventures Playtest are now available, making the Occult Adventures Playtest complete!

Enhancements & Changes
  • Characters can now set up equipment sets on the weapons tab, which are pre-defined equip states for weapons and shields. Once you've set up several equipment sets, you can change to a different set with a single click. Also, when generating a statblock, if there are equipment sets defined, the statblock will be built with those, instead of listing all of a character's weapons. The "Print Equipment Sets" option on the Weapons tab also gives you the option to show the weapon sets on the printout. The equipment sets can be clicked and dragged to re-order them, and the printout will show the same order as the Weapons tab, so that you can prioritize your equipment sets.
  • Skills now include the full descriptions from the core rulebook!

Bug Fixes
  • The Scavenger alternate racial trait wasn't applying its Appraise bonus.
  • Charmed Life was showing an activation box, and wasn't displaying its bonus correctly.
  • Traits that need to have something selected by the user were showing on the In-Play tab, even if their selection was not something that you can change in play.
  • The Cleric (Theologian)'s Domain Secret ability could not select a spell.
  • The Constrictor Snake, Black Bear and Polar Bear races were incorrectly assigned to the SRD Animals option, instead of Bestiary Free Content and Bestiary 1, which meant that when imported from the Encounter Builder, there were errors in their portfolios.
  • The negative levels adjustment wasn't being applied correctly to individual combat maneuvers.
  • The Rod of Absorption was being reset by the night's rest button.
  • Arcanists weren't displaying their spells per day information on the character sheet.
  • The elven paladin favored class bonus was increasing the die size for lay on hands instead of adding a bonus.
  • Snakescale armor wasn't marked as not allowed for Pathfinder Society play.
  • Bracers of the merciful knight was missing its usage tracker.
  • Glass was missing as a material for weapons.

Data File Authoring
  • The editor now can copy procedures, so users can view the previously unviewable code or they can also create their own.
  • Added the Hero.TowAtkPen2 tag. Instead of equipped tower shields applying an untyped penalty to attack themselves, they apply this tag to the hero, which signals every weapon to apply the penalty to themselves. This change was necessary because each equipment set needs to decide penalties based on its own unique equip state, rather than those of the hero in general.
  • Added the wTowerPen field to weapons, based on the presence of the Hero.TowAtkPen2, this field applies a penalty to the weapon's attack.
  • The function of the Helper.TowAtkRed tag has been altered slightly. It should now be applied to the hero rather than to each tower shield.
  • Metamagics now have the option to select a required feat, and once selected, Hero Lab will build a prereq to require that feat before that metamagic can be added. The existing metamagics that can take advantage of this have had their feat prerequisites removed and replaced with this option.
  • Metamagics now each generate an MMAllowed tag with their Id. If this tag is present in the gizmo of the custom spell the metamagic is being added to, that metamagic is legal, even if the character doesn't have the required feat. This can be seen in use on the Domain Secret ability of the Cleric (Theologian) archtype.
Aaron is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old November 22nd, 2014, 06:29 AM
Copy procedures!!!!! That is going to make life so much easier. Thanks Lone Wolf powers that be.
frumple is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old November 22nd, 2014, 09:42 AM
I am glad to see my Ticket Submitting bonanza got into the last 2 updates. Expect more as I work on a special project!
Dragnmoon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Redcap's Corner

Old November 22nd, 2014, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
The remaining classes from the Occult Adventures Playtest are now available, making the Occult Adventures Playtest complete!
I don't want to take the wind out of your sails, but the mesmerist actually got a pretty substantial update a few days ago (here), which doesn't seem to have been implemented in this update. I didn't check the spiritualist or psychic in Hero Lab, but they've also received some updates in their corresponding threads. The kineticist also has some minor updates and the medium has had a lot of proposed tweaks made public, none of which have made it into official changes yet.
Redcap's Corner is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Redcap's Corner

Old November 22nd, 2014, 08:24 PM
Also, I submitted a bug report last week about the "feet" unit of measurement for the range tags available for custom class abilities displaying as "30 ft." I was surprised to see that fix wasn't on the list. That is an actual bug, and not just something I've screwed up somewhere, right? The class abilities for classes I've been programming into Hero Lab are riddled with this problem, but I've also seen it on existing class abilities. See: oracle of wind's lightning breath ability, oracle of life's lifelink ability, etc.
Redcap's Corner is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 23rd, 2014, 10:11 AM
Redcap, I responded to that 30ft. issue with a request for clarification, but never got a response.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Redcap's Corner

Old November 23rd, 2014, 04:28 PM
My apologies. I never got that response. I just went through my email to double check that I didn't just miss it. Our wires must have gotten crossed somewhere. What clarification did you need?
Redcap's Corner is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old November 23rd, 2014, 06:38 PM
+1 on the equipment sets! Loving them on my Ninja two weapon build and my Paladin build...

Of course, now I want equipment sets to get more real estate and move to the top as my primary stats view for numbers needed during play (because numbers get clipped in the quick stat views).

That or sort equipped items to the top would be nice. I hate it when I have multiple unequipped items between my two weapons, so equipment sets help on that!

Hope to see more in the future! (maybe equipment sets with feats added like power attack)

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Ladyg43

Old November 24th, 2014, 01:18 AM
When I attempt to download and install Version 10.7 I get a message saying I need Windows SP3 first but when I go to download and install that I get told there IS NO SP3 for Windows 7. HELP

Pat R.
Ladyg43 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old November 24th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Just like to point out how much I appreciate the hard work over the past while, there seems to be a real pick up of updates, releases and new cool features!

Great work HeroLab team!!!
Exmortis is offline   #10 Reply With Quote