Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

stargazer_dragon

Old June 10th, 2014, 05:54 PM
update: will go threw the steps thus far

Made a custom warforged like race

Didn't want the alternate racial traits to come up for construct so made a living construct type and assigned this type to the Race instead of construct
Doing so hid all of the alternate racial traits

Applied the eval script
Pre level user 20000
perform hero.assign[Race.tpConst]
perform hero.assign[Race.rS2Warforg]

Doing this allowed them to select construct and war-forged feats without adding alternate racial traits back to them.
------------
update: The type traits (not the type or other powers of the type) are showing up even before any race or anything is selected. Didn't have the issue with subtypes and didn't realize they worked differently, Do I need to bootstrap the type traits on the race instead of on the type then?? I am guessing thats not the issue though as other types have the boostraps set up the same.

Wondering if perhaps there's something in the racial special abilities living construct traits that causes it to show for everything

Last edited by stargazer_dragon; June 10th, 2014 at 06:01 PM.
stargazer_dragon is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 10th, 2014, 06:06 PM
So you're working in the ARG Custom Race creator then.

Why don't you create a subtype called "warforged" instead of a type, and have that delete the IsRace.tpConst tag on the hero (as I suggested before) instead? Then you can make your custom race a normal construct, and upon adding the subtype, the ARTs normally allowed to all constructs will no longer be valid choices.
Aaron is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old June 10th, 2014, 06:11 PM
did it the other way so that construct traits are never listed but it still counts as a construct so you don't have the situation such as the current Warforged where it says construct lists all the construct traits then says living and has to mention all the changes to construct, basically just set it directly as a living construct. Which should work based on the other types that are there, I have same boostraps ect but somehow seam to have a error that gives the living construct traits power to everybody. (the living construct type is not granted just the trait)
stargazer_dragon is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old June 10th, 2014, 06:13 PM
if the error is in the type section I will just add the traits to the race manually thus leaving the type as nothing more then some text, but it seamed like the error was somewhere in the traits ability

update: so I tracked the error down to being in the type tab.

More so that I understand the reason more then simply how to bypass it, why is it that new types grant there trait powers to everything while the current ones do not?

I know a work around that still lets me use the type now that I have the source figured out just wondering the why it does it to begin with now, I mean none of the other current types add there traits unless there actually on the creature

Last edited by stargazer_dragon; June 10th, 2014 at 06:17 PM.
stargazer_dragon is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old June 10th, 2014, 06:27 PM
I am thinking apply all the bootstraps from the type to the traits power, then bootstrap the traits power to any race that is given that type perhaps via a mechanic eval code that check the hero.[Race.tpVKLivngC]

Or if failing that just have the race itself add the bootstrap to the racial trait, thus the type never has the bootstrap and thus can't assign it to every character

Update: and it just now clicked what you had suggested before about hiding/removing the construct type with the subtype. but now I am trying to fully understand the type tab, kind of that situation where curiosity drives me on.

I assume you meant delete the type construct then add it back after the traits section was checked.

Last edited by stargazer_dragon; June 10th, 2014 at 06:35 PM.
stargazer_dragon is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old June 10th, 2014, 07:19 PM
using eval script

perform hero.delete[IsRace.tpConst]

Does remove the alt racial traits but does not remove the construct type from the list.
stargazer_dragon is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old June 10th, 2014, 07:30 PM
So subtype doesn't work because the construct remains listed under construct type, thus to remove that I need to make the living construct a type or perhaps remove the type requirement from the subtype...

Probably type removing the subtype requirement first but without a type not sure it will bother listing the subtype so failing that I will make a type that grants nothing, then link everything to the type traits and grant that trait by bootstrapping it to the races that gain the type specifically.

Still wish I could figure out how the base types where designed so they don't show any of the stuff they grant unless they are actually applied to a race.

Update: ran into problem when type was removed thus I removed the subtype, added a type that was words only, tied everything into the subtype ability (besides the text for type) then bootstrapped the subtype traits ability onto the race and added the type to that race, this way the type shows as living construct but nothing gets added for living construct unless the race directly bootstraps to the living construct traits.

This removed construct from the types list when selecting the race, removed the alt racial traits, and I used a eval code to add the type on for feat qualification purposes.

Last edited by stargazer_dragon; June 10th, 2014 at 07:41 PM.
stargazer_dragon is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old June 23rd, 2014, 03:02 AM
Any chance that we will see CR and XP specially for the ancient ones custom output stat block.

Perhaps a Official Monster stat output, we use hero lab for most things including making the monsters ect but then I often print the monsters out and organize the info into a nice handy booklet that makes it super easy to run the dungeons. Currently I have to right the CR and XP ect at the top of every creature which is kind of a pain as I have to look each creature up. Not a huge deal but also probably something thats super easy to add in, least one would think it would be.
stargazer_dragon is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 23rd, 2014, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer_dragon View Post
Any chance that we will see CR and XP specially for the ancient ones custom output stat block.

Perhaps a Official Monster stat output, we use hero lab for most things including making the monsters ect but then I often print the monsters out and organize the info into a nice handy booklet that makes it super easy to run the dungeons. Currently I have to right the CR and XP ect at the top of every creature which is kind of a pain as I have to look each creature up. Not a huge deal but also probably something thats super easy to add in, least one would think it would be.
I would recommend putting in a bug report if your saying the HL statblock does not include the CR/XP info. Putting this info in individual threads means it will not be tracked and can get misplaced.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old June 24th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Actually I was mistaken The normal statblock output appears to include the CR and XP, custom output I was using did not and I had forgotten about the other normal output. Feeling a bit stupid now I will retreat and see if I can figure out how to get it to show the way I want it to show. Trying to get the stat blocks to print with the portrait in a semi organized fation. Closest I found is still ancient ones stat block output but that chops needed info thus I will keep toying with it
stargazer_dragon is offline   #30 Reply With Quote