Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diablo1399

Old August 25th, 2009, 01:52 AM
Hi,

I have AB v3.2a and I love it. Unfortunately, I have a networked printer in my house and AB isn't able to print to it. The print dialogue appears, and my network printer is online, but nothing happens. There is a workaround by exporting to pdf and printing from Acrobat Reader, but it would be nice if my network printer worked properly.

I can provide more detail if this issue has not been reported before.

Thanks!
Diablo1399 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old August 25th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Strange. I assume you can print to the network printer from other applications. I'm using a network printer with AB3.2 and I have no problems. You might want to remap the network printer again just incase.
gilvagor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Diablo1399

Old August 25th, 2009, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilvagor View Post
Strange. I assume you can print to the network printer from other applications. I'm using a network printer with AB3.2 and I have no problems. You might want to remap the network printer again just incase.
Yep, other applications and test pages print correctly. I'm running AB on Vista Ultimate 64-bit in Administrator mode. When I hit the output button, the print dialogue displays, but when I hit print, nothing is sent to my print queue. It's a Canon MP160 printer. Remapping the printer did not fix it. I have another printer I can use so I'll test that and see how it goes.

Last edited by Diablo1399; August 25th, 2009 at 03:38 AM.
Diablo1399 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Diablo1399

Old August 26th, 2009, 12:56 AM
I tried a new printer, an Epson CX3700, and got the same result: no printing. I reckon it's a bug with Vista 64-bit. Could the developers have a look at this please?
Diablo1399 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 26th, 2009, 01:48 AM
It's definitely *not* a bug with network printers in general, nor with Vista 64-bit. I happen to be using Vista 64-bit with a network printer here in the office and AB works beautifully for me - always has. So the problem is something else. We just need to figure out what it is.

I've seen situations in the past where a network printer is locked down in weird ways. Some applications are able to print while others aren't. It's all tied to something in the security settings and works similarly to a firewall, but for access to resources like printers. Unfortunately, I don't remember any of the details, so I don't know where to try and fix something like this. Hopefully, this will give you some ideas on where to look on your system. Since the behavior is the same for multiple printers, and it's definitely not a bug within Vista nor network printers in general, all indicators point to something associated with security.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old August 26th, 2009, 03:01 AM
I just had an issue with my network printer which took me a few to figure out. It appears that the IP on my printer changed for some reason. I had to change the IP of the printer in vista for everything to work again. Nothing to do with AB but might be helpful to others.
gilvagor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Diablo1399

Old August 26th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Now that I've installed the new printer, I've been getting an error message I haven't seen before:

"An unrecognized error occurred while outputing your roster. "

I've tried turning off the windows firewall, but that hasn't made any difference.
Diablo1399 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old August 27th, 2009, 03:14 AM
Did you check the security tab under the printer options. There might be something messed up with it there. Other than that I have no guesses as to what might be the problem. Like I said I have a network printer (using Vista Ultimate 32bit) and it works great (except when the IP on the printer changes for some reason).
gilvagor is offline   #8 Reply With Quote