Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

DMMike75

Old July 22nd, 2014, 07:02 PM
I have looked for a couple of days now and I cannot seem to find these faction rewards. Am I missing something? Where can I find them.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

DMMike
DMMike75 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 22nd, 2014, 07:22 PM
They're gained automatically as you gain fame in the one of the factions from the Guild category. They should already be listed on the background tab as soon as you select that faction, just grayed out until your fame reaches the correct number.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
repair

Old August 13th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Still not finding it either can anyone help?
repair is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old August 17th, 2014, 09:45 AM
On the background tab add the appropriate faction, on the journal tab add the approprate fame, when you have the right amount of fame the faction abilities will become active.
AndrewD2 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jasharen

Send a message via Skype™ to jasharen

Old September 30th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Im with the original poster. All I can see as an option are the suggested schools and their abilities. Esoteric and Eclectic aren't assigned to an existing school option.
jasharen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 9th, 2016, 02:23 PM
Necro this.

I'm pretty confident this isn't in the system yet.
I've got a character with 50 fame in White Grotto and it doesn't show up.
It isn't in the In-Play tab.
It doesn't show in the Other vanity search.
I've searched everything I can in the editor to find it and found nothing.

Are we certain it's in there?
risner is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 9th, 2016, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
Necro this.

I'm pretty confident this isn't in the system yet.
I've got a character with 50 fame in White Grotto and it doesn't show up.
It isn't in the In-Play tab.
It doesn't show in the Other vanity search.
I've searched everything I can in the editor to find it and found nothing.

Are we certain it's in there?
Being it sounds like a bug its best to report via the official bug reporting tool. The forums are not really used for bug reporting anymore..

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 10th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Starting with a blank character, I added a level of Bard and 9 levels of Fighter, and gave him enough Charisma to cast some spells.

Then, on the Background tab, I added the White Grotto faction, and on the journal tab, used a faction journal to add 50 prestige to that faction.

Back on the Background tab, in the Racial, Template and Faction abilities table, I see Eclectic Training and Esoteric Training. I selected Bard as the class to improve for Eclectic Training, and then went to the Bard tab and looked at the "Spells" mouseover at the top - it shows that I'm effectively a 4th level bard for the purpose of spells.

So these abilities are working as far as I can tell. If you're having problems with them, please provide more detail as to exactly what's not working correctly.
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old August 27th, 2017, 10:12 AM
Necro for this thead. Is there an adjustment to have this added for factions and not just guilds? The magic levels adjustment places caster level past character level.
Quintain is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Amanu

Old May 4th, 2020, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Starting with a blank character, I added a level of Bard and 9 levels of Fighter, and gave him enough Charisma to cast some spells.

Then, on the Background tab, I added the White Grotto faction, and on the journal tab, used a faction journal to add 50 prestige to that faction.

Back on the Background tab, in the Racial, Template and Faction abilities table, I see Eclectic Training and Esoteric Training. I selected Bard as the class to improve for Eclectic Training, and then went to the Bard tab and looked at the "Spells" mouseover at the top - it shows that I'm effectively a 4th level bard for the purpose of spells.

So these abilities are working as far as I can tell. If you're having problems with them, please provide more detail as to exactly what's not working correctly.
Specifically the portion where it mentions that it increases the number of spells that you know and can cast per day:

Eclectic Training (5 Fame): Guilds often require members to master and
train in different subjects. When your Fame score in a guild reaches 5, choose one spellcasting class you have at least 1 level in—you increase your effective caster level in that class (including the number of spells you know and can cast per day) by +1, to a maximum caster level equal to your total Hit Dice. Single-classed spellcasters should still pick a class to which this bonus applies, since this bonus is retroactive.

Esoteric Training (35 Fame): The bonus to caster level you gain from Eclectic Training increases to +3 (but is still limited by your total Hit Dice). You may select a second spellcasting class to gain a +1 bonus to effective caster level.
Amanu is offline   #10 Reply With Quote