Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Polecat

Old September 22nd, 2015, 05:38 PM
Ogre Stomach (the Ogre Racial Power and the Surge Power) is supposed to reduce lifestyle costs by 20%, but it doesn't. This is important for obvious reasons, but mostly because that should reduce the cost of starting cyber the same way having a higher lifestyle increases. Just thought I'd let you know.
Polecat is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 22nd, 2015, 05:44 PM
I just tested by starting with a blank character, and making him an ogre, and when I go to the Social tab, the header on the identities tab says "Identities (Lifestyle cost multiplier 80%)"

Do you have anything else on your character like Symbiotes that could be undoing the cost multipler?

If not, please report this to our bug tracking system with the link in this thread: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=24975
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old September 22nd, 2015, 06:12 PM
Nope, was just testing it out myself. Litteraly just picked Ogre then went added a cyber arm, then checked the cost. Then went to the social tab and added a 500 nuyen lifestyle and checked how much nuyen it had taken from me and it had taken the full 500Y.
Polecat is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old September 22nd, 2015, 08:04 PM
You are both right. The values are being displayed correctly, but the actual cost of the lifestyle after being added is still the base value, un-altered.
For example, new character, Metatype changed to Ogre, go to social tab and it all displays right. Click Add Lifestyle in an Identity, and select a Low Lifestyle, it says 1,600 nuyen each (like it should). Click Add, and the total value is 2,000 which is where the error pops in.

@Polecat: I am a little confused by your original statement though, what do you mean about starting cyber being reduced by lifestyle costs?
Kiirnodel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old September 23rd, 2015, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiirnodel View Post
@Polecat: I am a little confused by your original statement though, what do you mean about starting cyber being reduced by lifestyle costs?
The cost of Equipment/Gear/Augmentation is modified by your lifestyle cost. That is why cyber and such costs more for Dwarves and Trolls.
Polecat is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old September 23rd, 2015, 01:06 PM
No it isn't. The extra cost for lifestyles is the only increase in costs for those metatypes. In the first printing of the core rulebook it mentions an extra 50% cost for gear for trolls, but that was errata'd.

Having an Ogre Stomach does not give you a discount on a cyber arm. Although there is a bug on the lifestyle cost where you mentioned.
Kiirnodel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old September 23rd, 2015, 02:06 PM
Quote:
No it isn't. The extra cost for lifestyles is the only increase in costs for those metatypes. In the first printing of the core rulebook it mentions an extra 50% cost for gear for trolls, but that was errata'd.

Having an Ogre Stomach does not give you a discount on a cyber arm. Although there is a bug on the lifestyle cost where you mentioned.
I just read the errata and saw no reason this to have been excluded? Especially since that is how its been in previous editions?
Would you care to clarify?
Polecat is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old September 23rd, 2015, 08:01 PM
I didn't play 3rd edition for an appreciable time, but that isn't how it worked in 4th edition. Cyberware & Bioware didn't get discounted based on metatype. Certain kinds of gear had extra costs independently. In 4th, Lifestyles weren't even modified based on which Metatype you were so your basis that it shouldn't be different from before is fundamentally flawed.

Errata Here

There's a link to the errata there. But the pertinent section is: The paragraph that begins "When a character factors in racial modifiers" has information about gear costs for dwarves and trolls that does not apply in SR5. That paragraph should be removed and replaced with...
Kiirnodel is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old September 23rd, 2015, 08:39 PM
Quote:
I didn't play 3rd edition for an appreciable time, but that isn't how it worked in 4th edition. Cyberware & Bioware didn't get discounted based on metatype. Certain kinds of gear had extra costs independently. In 4th, Lifestyles weren't even modified based on which Metatype you were so your basis that it shouldn't be different from before is fundamentally flawed.

Errata Here

There's a link to the errata there. But the pertinent section is: The paragraph that begins "When a character factors in racial modifiers" has information about gear costs for dwarves and trolls that does not apply in SR5. That paragraph should be removed and replaced with...
Yeah, that is what I read but I think we're reading some differently. Because I don't see that negating the additional cost for gear. In fact, if that was the case it kind of makes Krime weaponry and gear utterly pointless.

Plus, it would mean that it doesn't cost extra to give cyber to a centaur when... you know... centaur. I think its pretty clear (at least as far as I am reading here) that you modify the cost of gear (weapons, armor, cyber, vehicles, etc.) by the lifestyle modifier. And looking at other threads on other forums they seem to agree (they don't like it, but they agree). Just try a google.

Last edited by Polecat; September 23rd, 2015 at 09:27 PM.
Polecat is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Shadowy_one

Old September 23rd, 2015, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
Yeah, that is what I read but I think we're reading some differently. Because I don't see that negating the additional cost for gear. In fact, it kind of makes Krime weaponry and gear utterly pointless.

Plus, it would mean that it doesn't cost extra to give cyber to a centaur when... you know... centaur. I think its pretty clear (at least as far as I am reading here) that you modify the cost of gear (weapons, armor, cyber, vehicles, etc.) by the lifestyle modifier. And looking at other threads on other forums they seem to agree (they don't like it, but they agree). Just try a google.
I've never played any of the other editions of SR, but by reading the errated version, I would go with Kiirnodels interpretation. Just because everybody else interprets it differently, doesn't make it correct.
Shadowy_one is offline   #10 Reply With Quote