Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Exmortis

Old February 7th, 2018, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
You should do a soft launch and just put everything that's not Paizo up for sale. We promise not to tell them.
Have we not been in a state of soft launch for four years?

Sorry but cheers for this I have not. It is just another failure to deliver.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #311 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 7th, 2018, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathorus View Post
This is great news, hopefully to be followed by work on the other enhancements (Calendars) that the CM has put on hold.
Haha! Beleive me, that is our wish. When we get the Content Market out, I may finally use some of my vacation time just to celebrate. XD

Still working on getting the fix in place, but we're moving forward despite the many issues we've had, even if we do feel like inch worms in this area.
BJ is offline   #312 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old February 28th, 2018, 08:51 AM
Well, we now know what was holding up Paizo. They have redesigned their website and it looks fantastic. Hopefully now they get to working on the LWD issues.
Toblakai is offline   #313 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old February 28th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
Well, we now know what was holding up Paizo. They have redesigned their website and it looks fantastic. Hopefully now they get to working on the LWD issues.
Heh. I see your "fantastic" is my "fonts are unreadably small and navigation is broken in places". :(

I'm sure they'll fix things up eventually.

Parody is offline   #314 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 28th, 2018, 10:36 AM
At least Paizo finally had some professionals do the site. The last site looked and functioned like it had been been done by an 8 year old.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #315 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old February 28th, 2018, 11:33 AM
Wow, the new site is so better than the old one. But I think it is the same developer, just grown up now as the store is having the same layout

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #316 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 1st, 2018, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
Hey folks!

Paizo devs have been swamped for a while now, so we are still waiting for the last piece of the puzzle we need from them. Unfortunately, while we understand their position, we have no way of knowing how long that will take to arrive. In the meantime, we believe we have found a temporary solution that, while not perfect, may allow us to go ahead and launch the store. It will take our devs some time to implement but if it goes as planned we will have something for you next month. Please be aware, it will cause some hiccups during the purchase of Paizo items but you will still be able to purchase them with a few extra steps.

I know it's not the news everyone wants to hear, it isn't the news I want to share either, but it's what we have to work with at this time and I'm doing my best to see that we get this out despite limitations. At the very least, it gives us hope!
Guess not. Any news at all?

Paizo's redesign is up. Was that what was keeping their web guys from working on this with you?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #317 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 2nd, 2018, 12:23 PM
Paizo are going g to remain busy for a while by the looks of the feedback the new site is getting.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #318 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old March 3rd, 2018, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Heh. I see your "fantastic" is my "fonts are unreadably small and navigation is broken in places". :(

I'm sure they'll fix things up eventually.
Yeah, I'm not terribly impressed myself. Hopefully whatever they did will improve load times, but it looks like they broke all their forum links... Again.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #319 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old March 3rd, 2018, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Lemur View Post
Yeah, I'm not terribly impressed myself. Hopefully whatever they did will improve load times, but it looks like they broke all their forum links... Again.
Load times have been worse for me. Fonts are now too big in the forums, but my user style that previously made the fonts bigger now makes them smaller so it still works out. The Paizo folks did post that they plan to put in a proper redirect so old forum links should go to the right place, but I don't know if/when that will be implemented.

Paizo's website uses a self-built CMS on an underlying system that's been effectively dead for years. The HTML it generates is somewhat poorly structured (some of which you might expect, given its age) and the changes we've seen so far have been fairly superficial. Scraping the frosting off a cupcake and putting different frosting on it doesn't make the cupcake less stale. They've had turnover in their technical staff in the last year or so, which couldn't have helped. Hopefully, though, they're on a path they like and will keep making improvements.

Parody is offline   #320 Reply With Quote