Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Deific Presence

Old September 15th, 2016, 10:29 AM
The feat says "When you gain a level in a favored class, you gain both +1 hit point and +1 skill rank instead of choosing either one or the other benefit or you can choose an alternate class reward." but it either allows me to choose hit points or skill points, fills in the one I didn't choose, and does not allow me to choose alternate class rewards AND +1 hp or skill. Is there a workaround to this besides just taking the Nemesis story feat as a bonus feat and ignoring the story implications? I just want my +1 skill points per level and extra spells known for my bard.
Deific Presence is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old September 15th, 2016, 11:16 AM
By my reading you get (+1 Skill +1 HP) OR (1 FCB) not both
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Deific Presence

Old September 15th, 2016, 11:28 AM
Oh, well there goes that plan. Guess I'll talk my GM into letting me take the Nemesis story feat instead since that's how we both though it worked.
Deific Presence is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old September 20th, 2016, 09:53 PM
It actually is supposed to allow you to get the a choice of 2 from +1 Skill Point, +1 Hit Point, or 1 Racial FCB. Hero Lab just doesn't allow this now.
Jobe00 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 20th, 2016, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe00 View Post
It actually is supposed to allow you to get the a choice of 2 from +1 Skill Point, +1 Hit Point, or 1 Racial FCB. Hero Lab just doesn't allow this now.
See Minous' explanation above, unless you can provide a FAQ entry that supports your "choose any 2 from 3" interpretation.
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 21st, 2016, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Paizo appears to disagree with you. Which I suppose leads to the question of whether anyone has done a House Ruled version of the Feat in the Editor.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old September 22nd, 2016, 04:31 AM
Then whoever approved the final version of that feat not allowing you to choose 2 out of the 3 options needs to be slapped.

It makes it a much less useful feat.
Jobe00 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old September 22nd, 2016, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Then whoever approved the final version of that feat not allowing you to choose 2 out of the 3 options needs to be slapped.

It makes it a much less useful feat.
No, it makes it not broken. Getting a FCB and a skill point can radically alter a character balance. It might not appear Broken to you, but I can easily show you how over a 10 level period how out of balance two identical builds would become (One with your version, and one with the correct version of this ART) At level twelve your talking about 12 skill points and two rogue talents or feats for a rogue, instead of just 12 HP/Skill points. I could give a more detailed breakdown but I think this makes my point.
Minous is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 22nd, 2016, 10:37 AM
Just going to step in to say that "overpowered, balanced, nerfed" are about as subjective as art is. One persons broken is another groups too weak option to take. That is a "strength" of RPG's not a bug.

If your group wants a feat to work a specific way you could change the feat in the editor to give a Skill and HP each level. Letting you to choose your FCB option in addition to those bonuses.

If you don't want to change the feat in the editor then you could choose the FCB option and use Adjustments on the Adjust tab to give the bonus Skill point and HP (if I understand the issue correctly).

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old September 22nd, 2016, 12:27 PM
The part I find most troubling is the casual suggestion of violence.. "needs to be slapped" is never appropriate when discussing a GAME.
Silveras is offline   #10 Reply With Quote