Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Skarn

Old March 28th, 2017, 04:38 AM
I have another Eberron bug report for CP17.

The template 'Horrid Animal' isn't adding +5 Natural Armor like it should, per Eberron Campaign Setting p. 289.
Skarn is offline   #1101 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old March 28th, 2017, 04:41 AM
There are several Path of War: Expanded disciplines, which I can add to characters via Martial Training I (and later feats in that tree), which are not available to classes that get those disciplines as part of their classes.

I assume this is because the feats have been added, for Expanded, but the classes haven't been updated yet.
But that could also have been a bug, if they were supposed to have been added but were not.
Only one of the classes from Expanded had access to all of it's disciplines.

The classes from the original book, that get one of two disciplines from the Expanded book does not have that feature implemented yet.

I suspect, these are features that will arrive with great applause and the gratitude of the many, at some future date, but it doesn't hurt to mention them, in the off chance that their not being included now is a bug as the disciplines are present as part of the pack.
Ualaa is offline   #1102 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 28th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarn View Post
I have another Eberron bug report for CP17.

The template 'Horrid Animal' isn't adding +5 Natural Armor like it should, per Eberron Campaign Setting p. 289.
Thanks for the bug report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
There are several Path of War: Expanded disciplines, which I can add to characters via Martial Training I (and later feats in that tree), which are not available to classes that get those disciplines as part of their classes.

I assume this is because the feats have been added, for Expanded, but the classes haven't been updated yet.
But that could also have been a bug, if they were supposed to have been added but were not.
Only one of the classes from Expanded had access to all of it's disciplines.

The classes from the original book, that get one of two disciplines from the Expanded book does not have that feature implemented yet.

I suspect, these are features that will arrive with great applause and the gratitude of the many, at some future date, but it doesn't hurt to mention them, in the off chance that their not being included now is a bug as the disciplines are present as part of the pack.
I honestly can not say if its a bug or not yet implemented. Too many things in the Pack to know off the top of my head. In addition any "recent" update to Pathfinder could cause something that use to work to no longer. This happened to Psionic powers in the last update.

If you could provide me with more details I would appreciate. Do you have a specific class and discipline that is not working/showing? That would help me to try and find the root cause allot faster.

Thanks!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1103 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old March 28th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I added the new tag "abCategory.PUPsiDisc". I have updated all the current Psion Disciplines to have this tag which is auto pushed to the hero if any Discipline is taken.

So for your script just have to test for this tag then.
Awesome. I'm working on the functionality of the ability, and I"m trying the following code to add 1 additional discipline

Code:
field[cGiveSpec].value += 1
I tried a forum search to figure out how to add an additional discipline (custom ability), but this didn't quite work. Any suggestions?

Edit: Nevermind. If found that this code needs to be fully qualified.

Note, this seems to be tied to the Psion class -- however, it may come about that a class other than the Psion may gain the discipline class feature. Is there any way to have this check not be tied to the class?

Last edited by Quintain; March 28th, 2017 at 11:39 AM.
Quintain is offline   #1104 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 28th, 2017, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
Note, this seems to be tied to the Psion class -- however, it may come about that a class other than the Psion may gain the discipline class feature. Is there any way to have this check not be tied to the class?
Take a look at Mathias's Location Location Location article. The hint is that it has to do with a "linkage".

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1105 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old March 28th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the bug report.

If you could provide me with more details I would appreciate. Do you have a specific class and discipline that is not working/showing? That would help me to try and find the root cause allot faster.
Thanks!
Thank you.

Stalker
Correctly has: Broken Blade, Solar Wind, Steel Serpent, Thrashing Dragon, and Veiled Moon.

Expanded adds the option of one of: Riven Hourglass or Tempest Gale; neither is an option currently.

Warder
Correctly has: Broken Blade, Golden Lion, Iron Tortoise, and Primal Fury.

Expanded adds the option of one of: Eternal Guardian or Piercing Thunder; neither is an option currently.

Warlord
Correctly has: Golden Lion, Primal Fury, Scarlet Throne, Solar Wind, Thrashing Dragon.

Expanded adds the option of one of: Piercing Thunder or Tempest Gale; neither is an option currently.

Harbinger
Correctly has: Cursed Razor, Shattered Mirror, and Veiled Moon.

Is missing: Riven Hourglass and Scarlet Throne.

Mystic
Correctly has: Elemental Flux, Mithral Current, Riven Hourglass, Shattered Mirror, Solar Wind, Veiled Moon.

Is not missing anything.

Zealot
Correctly has: Eternal Guardian, Golden Lion, Sleeping Goddess, and Solar Wind.

Is missing: Piercing Thunder.
Ualaa is offline   #1106 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old March 28th, 2017, 05:55 PM
Also, in addition to the above for planning purposes, there's

- Unquiet Grave in Lords of the Night, which harbingers, mystics, stalkers, and warlords may swap one discipline for (gaining Knowledge (religion) as a class skill in the process)
- Chimera Soul in the Lords of the Wild playtest (still not a book yet, alas), which stalkers, mystics, zealots and the animal companion of the Ambush Hunter Ranger may swap one discipline for
- Fool's Errand in the Fool's Errand playtest (still not in a book yet), which any initiator may swap a discipline for, gaining Climb as a class skill in the process

(I've got a partial version of that last one put together already, so that's particularly on my mind.)

I'm not sure if there's a clean way to represent these three options without modifying the classes directly. My first thought was maybe as mini-archetypes that add a single ability with a chooser for the discipline to swap out, but the complications of validating swaps from two different places would be something to keep in mind.
Roadie is offline   #1107 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old March 28th, 2017, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Take a look at Mathias's Location Location Location article. The hint is that it has to do with a "linkage".
Ok, next question: Boosted Surge Ability from Mythic Psionics gives +1 to the Surge Blast value (which translates into an additional +1d6 to the damge).

The Surge Blast Ability is based on the #value[cWldWildSu] -- try as I might, I can't seem to add anything to either the Surge Blast abValue or the Wild Surge Value

Wild Surge timing is post-attributes 10000, and Surge Blast is Final Phase 50000

I'm attempting the value change by this code:

Code:
hero.child[cWldSurBla].field[abValue].value += 1
It should be simple..but can't get it to work.

Last edited by Quintain; March 28th, 2017 at 06:37 PM.
Quintain is offline   #1108 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 28th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Was closing a line of code with ";" a typo added as you pasted your work here?

Last edited by Mathias; March 28th, 2017 at 06:36 PM.
Mathias is online now   #1109 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 28th, 2017, 06:36 PM
Also, please give us error messages - Hero Lab lets you right-click and copy notify windows like error messages, so you can paste them alongside your code.

Not to mention timing - you're leaving out very important information - the phase & priority settings for your scripts.
Mathias is online now   #1110 Reply With Quote